Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DO NOT ORDER FACTORY REMOTE START

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Rogerb

Rogerb

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

cant someone just post how to tell the dealer how to disable this thing.....i want to take mine to the dealer and have them do it as my husband is disabled and cannot do it

I am taking my Flex into the dealer tomorrow to fix the squeaking dash problem (its sooo annoying), and mentioned that I would like the Remote start to stay on when the doors are opened.... the service guy said no problem, that he can change that setting for me. He said they(Ford) do it for theft reasons and I was okay with less security they would switch it.

#42 OFFLINE   TexFlexOwner

TexFlexOwner

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FLEX Limited

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

I am taking my Flex into the dealer tomorrow to fix the squeaking dash problem (its sooo annoying), and mentioned that I would like the Remote start to stay on when the doors are opened.... the service guy said no problem, that he can change that setting for me. He said they(Ford) do it for theft reasons and I was okay with less security they would switch it.

Did they disable it? I asked my service manager and got the anti-theft line. Not that it is a major thing to re-start the engine!

#43 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

I don't have remote start, nor do I want it. However, I don't understand why everyone is torqued off about the engine stopping when opening the door to drive the vehicle away unless you've just held up a bank and want to do a FAST getaway.

First of all, without putting the key in the ignition, the steering will would be locked without some kind of electronic device to electrically unlock the steering wheel. Now, I suppose a "start" button could unlock the steering wheel.

I don't know if a remote start also locks the doors IF they were left open, but it it didn't and the doors were unlocked, the car might be driven off by someone who passed by when the remote start was "engaged".

Anyway, as I said at the first, I don't want or need remote and I wouldn't accept a model that it was installed on.

My Flex pet peeve is "waiting" for my backup cam to come on when placing the car in reverse. I know it's only about 2 seconds, but I want the cam on instantly (like it is on my wife's Prius).

#44 OFFLINE   Rogerb

Rogerb

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:59 AM

Did they disable it? I asked my service manager and got the anti-theft line. Not that it is a major thing to re-start the engine!

Yes. As long as I acknowledged/understood it weakens the security system a bit. But at the sametime I don't buy it that its easier to steal... you have to hit the break to put it in gear... and the wheel is still locked without the key.

I use the remote start all the time now... even if its only as we walk towards the car... it allow the radio and cooling to start... Like the previous post said about the reverse camera, the delay is only while sync is booting up... If i remote start it, and then get in, put it in reverse, the camera starts immediately. :)

#45 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 242 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

Just an FYI, I disabled the "Engine shut down when the door is opened" feature using the directions from Fitipaldi1 and only had one problem. When you press the button on the remote fob you need to just touch it and let go, don't hold it. Holding it resets the system to the factory default. In my case this reversed the tach signal which gave me the 4 horn chirps in place of starting. I was able to reset that using the most recent instructions for the accessories found on the Ford site

#46 OFFLINE   NCFlex

NCFlex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

Thanks Fitipaldi1 and others! I just changed my remote start so that it runs 15 minutes and stays on after the door is opened. I was not able to find the LED and almost didn't find the button. It was turned away and just looked like a connector.

I know the instructions for the remote start say to press the button for 10 seconds, but it's more like 2-3 before the horn beeps.

I also found that my phone wasn't connected via blue tooth when I got in the car and drove off. I was able to press the phone button on the steering wheel and it connected with no problem. Guess it has to be in the vicinity when it's turned on?

Randy

#47 OFFLINE   clanmcgregor

clanmcgregor

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

Tried to reprogram. I must have pressed in the wrong order because when I press the remote start i get 4 horn chirps and my horn chirps are now louder. Help!!!!

#48 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

You fubar'd the tach signal, I did the same thing by holding the button on the fob too long.

You need to reset option 1 in bank 1. Get into programming mode, get to bank 1, select option 1, then just touch the button on the fob. Turn the key off then test. this should fix it.

#49 OFFLINE   2011FLEXED

2011FLEXED

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hi , does anyone know why when I use the factory remote start my Flex does not start ,and the horn sounds off 10,11,12,+ times untill I unlock the doors.
Thanx

#50 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:55 AM

Has it done this from the start? or is it a recent condition?

A series of horn "chirps" are used to communicate an error in the installation or programming of the factiry remote system. But they only fo as high as 6 chirps.

Does it beep untill you press the unlock button? or does it stop after a number of times?

I don't know if it is related but I purchased a spare key off e-bay and had it cut at a hardware store. I tried it in the ignition before I programmed it just to see what would happen. What happened was the horn started beeping untill I unlocked the doors. After I programmed it all was well.

#51 OFFLINE   2011FLEXED

2011FLEXED

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

Has it done this from the start? or is it a recent condition?

A series of horn "chirps" are used to communicate an error in the installation or programming of the factiry remote system. But they only fo as high as 6 chirps.

Does it beep untill you press the unlock button? or does it stop after a number of times?

I don't know if it is related but I purchased a spare key off e-bay and had it cut at a hardware store. I tried it in the ignition before I programmed it just to see what would happen. What happened was the horn started beeping untill I unlocked the doors. After I programmed it all was well.

It started a week ago,I does not do it all the time ( it works for a couple of days then it won't start ) and if I do not unlock it will keep beeping. It's like an alarm

#52 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

It started a week ago,I does not do it all the time ( it works for a couple of days then it won't start ) and if I do not unlock it will keep beeping. It's like an alarm

Do you have 2 fobs? Does it do it with one but not the other?

#53 OFFLINE   brisilmirale

brisilmirale

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 FORD FLEX LTD

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

Is this a problem with the 2011 Flex Limited too? Does the aftermarket remote start have the same issue?

#54 OFFLINE   tenracing

tenracing

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Titanium White/blk roof

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

My Flex pet peeve is "waiting" for my backup cam to come on when placing the car in reverse. I know it's only about 2 seconds, but I want the cam on instantly (like it is on my wife's Prius).

And I want my new FLEX with remote start to stay running when i open the door and get in to go somewhere without having to TAKE THE TIME to restart it....

just like you waiting for the camera, you COULD just use the mirrors or look over your shoulder, but that isn't as convienent...

which is the whole point...

;)

#55 OFFLINE   srider

srider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Flex

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Our 2012 Flex has a dealer installed Ford remote start system. I just bought the vehicle and just took it back for some simple service work. Part of my return was to have them disable the "door open shutdown" feature. The service dept returned with the position that it could not be reprogrammed. I found on YouTube a guy posted how to reprogram via the "program button" located under the dash of a comperable Expedition. I could not find the "program button" on our Flex. Assuming it does not have due to the MyKey option.

Here's the good news.... while hunting under the dash for my non-existant "programming button" I did locate the Ford Remote Start module. So to make a long story/project short.... I pulled the "door ajar input" wire, and "ignition key present" wire from the module and now the we can start the vehicle, unlock the doors, and enter without the engine shutting down! Just get in, insert the ignition key, turn to on position, and drive away!!!!!

Here's the hitch..... ours was a dealer installed system when vehicle was new.... I have no idea if there are similar hardware items for the factory installed versions????

#56 OFFLINE   Bossed

Bossed

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Flex

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

I have a 13 Flex, and ours will remote start, then I can unlock the doors with the remote, get in and insert the key, turn on ignition and drive away without the engine turning off. Did they change anything for 13' model? Or am I misunderstanding?
Bossed

#57 OFFLINE   Sabtaj1

Sabtaj1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:13 Eco flex limited

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

My 13 is like the post above. No problems what so ever

#58 OFFLINE   Tony Post

Tony Post

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:07 AM

I can turn this feature off easily just cut the black wire going to. The brain of the remote start and hook. The green a violet wire to ignition that will solve this issue. You can also do it in programing depending on the year the remote start was added. This only works with the add on remote start.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·