Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel Economy

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   wintegrity

wintegrity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

Are you sure? You've got a 2+ ton, well appointed, fairly clean burning 7 passenger vehicle capable of producing well in excess of 300++ HP that's shaped like a shoe box that's not even broken in and you're getting 23 MPG using RUG on a short trip at 70MPH and you're dissatisfied? C'mon.....

Dude your not very respectful. C'mon urself, lol...funny...

#42 OFFLINE   wintegrity

wintegrity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:06 AM

That's OK Chief, I've already got a 5 year old who doesn't listen very well, so I'm all set.... as far as the track experience goes, call it what you want, but I was admittedly a bit more like you until I had that experience ... perhaps you'll have the same experience someday... I hope you do....

Wow I just joined this forum and I see so many posts where your just slamming people who dont worship your words. Your right everyone else is wrong yet again. you say you have a 5 year old? Maybe you could learn some manors from he/she.

lol again too funny :hysterical:

Edited by wintegrity, 22 February 2010 - 09:09 AM.

#43 OFFLINE   Gumby

Gumby

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

Topic....
degrading...

lol

#44 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

Wow I just joined this forum and I see so many posts where your just slamming people who dont worship your words. Your right everyone else is wrong yet again. you say you have a 5 year old? Maybe you could learn some manors from he/she.

lol again too funny :hysterical:

Don't let me stop the parade. Your (not you're) spelling is atrocious, but don't (not dont) let your manners (not manors) stop you.

No, no, wait a minute, wintegrity, I get it, you're not who you say you are... you're my wife... "Hi, Honey!"

Edited by QSHIPWAGON, 22 February 2010 - 02:01 PM.

#45 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:14 PM

Oy Vay, this thread went downhill faster than Bode did for his gold! Last tank, 19.6. :D

#46 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

Oy Vay, this thread went downhill faster than Bode did for his gold! Last tank, 19.6. :D

But did it go down faster than the girl taking a chomp out of Lago's bronze?

#47 OFFLINE   Gumby

Gumby

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:28 AM

You have to remember that this vehicle is AWD (full time) so not matter what it is carrying around that extra weight of the rear diff and stuff. Also, a new vehicle tends to consume more gas while it's breaking in and certainly winter driving (with winter fuel) makes a huge difference as does a set of winter tires.

Finally remote starting a lot (if you do) and mostly city driving will guzzle gas. I know on my van (which weighs about 4700 lbs) I can barely eek out 18L / 100 kms in town with Winter tires. It's a 4.0L V6 FWD....on the highway I can do a respectable 10-11L / 100kms with winter tires.

#48 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:21 AM

You have to remember that this vehicle is AWD (full time) so not matter what it is carrying around that extra weight of the rear diff and stuff. Also, a new vehicle tends to consume more gas while it's breaking in and certainly winter driving (with winter fuel) makes a huge difference as does a set of winter tires.

Finally remote starting a lot (if you do) and mostly city driving will guzzle gas. I know on my van (which weighs about 4700 lbs) I can barely eek out 18L / 100 kms in town with Winter tires. It's a 4.0L V6 FWD....on the highway I can do a respectable 10-11L / 100kms with winter tires.

OK, back to business. I've been experimenting on the last two tanks with NOT using the cruise control when I'm not on the highway. I use the cruise a lot around town just to keep me within the law. I do a lot of driving in 30-40MPH zones and I live in a place which, let's say, takes its law enforcement seriously. I am getting 1-2MPG better mileage or 5-10% better by NOT using the cruise around town. It'll take a few tanks to prove this out and I'm not all about mileage, but I'm interested in what the findings will bear out. If you look at my link I've noted my changeover to winter tires as well. Unfortunately, the ethanol blends most of us are now subject to (10%) definitely decreases MPG from what it might otherwise be. I can't say I've noticed an improvement after break-in, but I'm using M1 and only have 13,000 miles in the bag.

#49 OFFLINE   wintegrity

wintegrity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:57 PM

Don't let me stop the parade. Your (not you're) spelling is atrocious, but don't (not dont) let your manners (not manors) stop you.

No, no, wait a minute, wintegrity, I get it, you're not who you say you are... you're my wife... "Hi, Honey!"

Again 2 funny... Maybe you are the 5 year old! At least you are entertaining if anything, lol. Keep up the good work and enjoy yourself! Can't wait 2 c what you post next.

#50 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

WOOHOO the display DOES go to 21! Excellent

#51 OFFLINE   Gumby

Gumby

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

This topic continues to provide enjoyment. Please do not stop on my account. LMAO

#52 OFFLINE   jflex

jflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

Wow, these numbers are not too much better than our expedition with 3.73 gears...

#53 OFFLINE   muphasta

muphasta

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

my wife is the primary driver of the 3.5L Flex (non eco) and does mostly city driving, very rarely getting on the freeway since she is a teacher and is off for the summer. The indicator shows an average of 13 +/- .5 MPG when she drives it. On Thursday and Friday of last week, we drove up and down to my in-laws roughly 80 miles away. I reset the trip computer before leaving and we averaged 24mpg after both trips. Friday night we went to a concert and did some city driving and dropped to 19 mpg. We did have a passenger who himself weighs close to 400 pounds so the car was weighed down more than normal.

#54 OFFLINE   robibb

robibb

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex SEL,Steel Blue Metallic Paint, Medium Light Stone Leather

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

Well I have averaged in the 17's when it comes to my average work commute and running to get food and such. But I recently took a road trip to visit relatives from Washington State to California a very long 15 hour drive with whole family including dog and plenty of luggage and other misc stuff. On the way there I was amazed when I saw my MPG average creep up to 23MPG then 24MPG and even 25MPG! I took several pictures using my cell phone to show my sleeping wife to prove my insanity. On the way back home I manged to see it max out to 26MPG! (of course that was going downhill with a tail wind and only lasted like 3 minutes). I Was very pleased with the MPG on my trip. Now that I am back to work I will have to settle for the 17's to 16's again. ;)

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·