Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote Start Maker?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   whankin2

whankin2

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:33 AM

I have a Flex w/ the remote start factory installed. What I am wanting to know is, who is the aftermarket maker of the remote start installed at the factory? This would be most helpful if anyone knows, and thx in advance

#2 OFFLINE   Gillagorilla

Gillagorilla

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

The older remote starts were made by Code alarms, I think they are still making them for Ford.

#3 OFFLINE   Drumm

Drumm

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

I have a new 2010 SEL with the factory installed remote start. It currently shuts off when you open the door but I thought I read something about being able to reprogram it to stay on. It that correct and if so, does the dealer have to do it?

thanks

#4 OFFLINE   roush3

roush3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

I have a new 2010 SEL with the factory installed remote start. It currently shuts off when you open the door but I thought I read something about being able to reprogram it to stay on. It that correct and if so, does the dealer have to do it?

thanks

I had the same problem. So i called the dealer and they told me to bring it in and they had to reprogram it. They said it has something to do with the new MY KEY ford uses. Took about 20 min to reprogram. I am also pretty sure that the dealer does have to do it.

#5 OFFLINE   same2you

same2you

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

I had the same problem. So i called the dealer and they told me to bring it in and they had to reprogram it. They said it has something to do with the new MY KEY ford uses. Took about 20 min to reprogram. I am also pretty sure that the dealer does have to do it.

Yes, the dealer does have to do it. We just had our reprogrammed to stop it from turning off the bus flex when you open the drivers door, and we also had them extend the timeout its maximun setting (15 mins). To all the eco-people out there, I know it wastes more gas, but the whole point in getting the remote start was to have the interior heated when it's -40 outside; and the default 10 minutes will not cut it.

#6 OFFLINE   Jaret Labinger

Jaret Labinger

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:39 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm in the exact same boat. Got my 2010 Limited with EB about 2 weeks ago. I hate that the car shuts off when using the remote start after a door is opened. I called my dealer today after reading your posts. He tells me that the Service Manager is not aware of the reprogramming to disable this feature, they've never had to do it. He asked me if I know the Service code associated with this modification.

So, I turn the question over to you folks. Do you happen to know the service code so the dealer can look it up or do you know exactly what your dealer did to disable it? Any info is appreciated.

#7 OFFLINE   whankin2

whankin2

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

I do not know the code, but I also had to take mine into the dealer and it was just a 10 minute mod to correct the issue. i will call the installer at my dealer today and try and get an answer for you about what he did or what the service code may be.

Hey Guys,

I'm in the exact same boat. Got my 2010 Limited with EB about 2 weeks ago. I hate that the car shuts off when using the remote start after a door is opened. I called my dealer today after reading your posts. He tells me that the Service Manager is not aware of the reprogramming to disable this feature, they've never had to do it. He asked me if I know the Service code associated with this modification.

So, I turn the question over to you folks. Do you happen to know the service code so the dealer can look it up or do you know exactly what your dealer did to disable it? Any info is appreciated.

#8 OFFLINE   Jaret Labinger

Jaret Labinger

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:51 AM

Thanks Whankin, that would be awesome!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·