Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Smiling at Range Rovers

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:31 PM

The town and area I live in is pretty, well, let's say, "Whitebread," and we're just a bit lousy with BMW Wagons, X5's, Q7's and Range Rovers of every description. Every time I see a Range Rover in particular when I'm in our Flex I can't help but think that "Ours does what their's does for a whole lot less." Maybe not everything, but I love the feeling of an extra $30K in my pocket.

#2 OFFLINE   NHCarsFan

NHCarsFan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

We are a litlle less WB over here in Exeter Annex :spend: ...aka Brentwood but i cant tell you how many times im asked if its the new LR...very funny any one else have these stories ...i think its a testemnt to how classy they really are!!!
  • im_flexin likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Lue

Lue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:18 AM

I have both the Flex and the Range Rover, trust me, you're deluding yourself. The Flex is no where near the Rover, not even close. I love them both but they are very very different vehicles.

#4 OFFLINE   HBO

HBO

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:46 AM

I have both the Flex and the Range Rover, trust me, you're deluding yourself. The Flex is no where near the Rover, not even close. I love them both but they are very very different vehicles.

That's probably true but having owned a true land rover 2 for 25 years, I'd be embarrassed to drive a range rover!

#5 OFFLINE   NHCarsFan

NHCarsFan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

well i guess then everyone else is deluisonal..because they are the ones saying it ..I do realizing they are two entirely diffrent vehicles..but style wise...there are some very define similarities

#6 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

Perhaps, but the way "most" Range Rovers are used the capabilities of the Range Rover are likely wasted on most people using them as grocery getters and children haulers... plus don't you need two Range Rovers so that you can drive one while the other is in the shop every other Wednesday ;-) ?
  • ACDII likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Lue

Lue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

Perhaps, but the way "most" Range Rovers are used the capabilities of the Range Rover are likely wasted on most people using them as grocery getters and children haulers... plus don't you need two Range Rovers so that you can drive one while the other is in the shop every other Wednesday ;-) ?

On my second Rover, neither one was or has been in the shop, the flex however, has been in many times. They still can't fix the brake grinding after 3 times in the shop.

If you were leaving at 3:30 in the morning in the middle of a blizzard and both were in the garage, which one would you be leaving in?

lol, sorry, my favorite old add

Posted Image

Edited by Lue, 07 December 2009 - 07:52 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

On my second Rover, neither one was or has been in the shop, the flex however, has been in many times. They still can't fix the brake grinding after 3 times in the shop.

Your Rovers must have been in the Guiness Book of Rover reliability... ;-) Seriously, the last time I rode in a Rover was about ten years ago... going backwards, down a frozen waterfall at roughly a 40 degree angle.... all I have to say is that I'm glad National Rally Champion Tim O'Neil was driving... well sort of. This is a man who like to tell a story about being in a car upside down, in a river, on fire.....

#9 OFFLINE   Hidalgo

Hidalgo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:36 AM

well i guess then everyone else is deluisonal..because they are the ones saying it ..I do realizing they are two entirely diffrent vehicles..but style wise...there are some very define similarities

Sorry ... but they are NOT "delusional".

The Range Rover weighs a little over 6000 pounds, and is a very capable off-road vehicle ... in any dress. Furthermore, the Range Rover is a dramatically strong vehicle. In other words: Is it constructed out of vastly better materials and superb workmanship.

These two vehicles should NOT be compared. :finger:

And this is also coming from a Flex / Range Rover owner.

#10 OFFLINE   roush3

roush3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Sorry ... but they are NOT "delusional".

The Range Rover weighs a little over 6000 pounds, and is a very capable off-road vehicle ... in any dress. Furthermore, the Range Rover is a dramatically strong vehicle. In other words: Is it constructed out of vastly better materials and superb workmanship.

These two vehicles should NOT be compared. :finger:

And this is also coming from a Flex / Range Rover owner.

The rovers that have ever been in my family were in the shop all the time. ONe had to be lemon lawed due to electrical problem that caused the car to turn off whenever it felt like it even at highway speeds. really scary! I love the flex and think it is much nice then the rover two and half the price.

#11 OFFLINE   hawleywood1

hawleywood1

2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost Pearl White, 2010 Porsche 4S Panamera

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

The rovers that have ever been in my family were in the shop all the time. ONe had to be lemon lawed due to electrical problem that caused the car to turn off whenever it felt like it even at highway speeds. really scary! I love the flex and think it is much nice then the rover two and half the price.

I have a 2010 Flex Eco Limited and a 2007 Range Rover Sport. Totally different vehicles. Both great in their own way. The Range Rover has been excellent would buy another one. When Ford owned them they cleaned up on the reliability issue. I hope the Flex is just as good. There is no way the Flex can go off road like the Rover. Anyone that tells you different is lying. The Range Rover is the best for off road. Bar None. The Flex would get the whole under carriage wiped out.

#12 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

I have a 2010 Flex Eco Limited and a 2007 Range Rover Sport. Totally different vehicles. Both great in their own way. The Range Rover has been excellent would buy another one. When Ford owned them they cleaned up on the reliability issue. I hope the Flex is just as good. There is no way the Flex can go off road like the Rover. Anyone that tells you different is lying. The Range Rover is the best for off road. Bar None. The Flex would get the whole under carriage wiped out.

Again, "but the way "most" Range Rovers are used the capabilities of the Range Rover are likely wasted on most people using them as grocery getters and children haulers." No doubt, the Range Rover is a more capable vehicle in many respects, so much so, it seems like a terrible waste that so many of them are merely status symbols cruising our well paved suburban haunts. If you're ever looking for a lightly used one, you need look no further than the NH Seacoast area. The worst abuse many of them will see are coffee and lipstick stains on the interior. How do you like your Panamera?

Edited by QSHIPWAGON, 10 January 2010 - 07:13 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   NHCarsFan

NHCarsFan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

Again, "but the way "most" Range Rovers are used the capabilities of the Range Rover are likely wasted on most people using them as grocery getters and children haulers." No doubt, the Range Rover is a more capable vehicle in many respects, so much so, it seems like a terrible waste that so many of them are merely status symbols cruising our well paved suburban haunts. If you're ever looking for a lightly used one, you need look no further than the NH Seacoast area. The worst abuse many of them will see are coffee and lipstick stains on the interior. How do you like your Panamera?

I love it coffee stains and lipistick ...so true ! I think for me people missed the point..i was mearly commenting on looks alone.. not on the vehicles themselves thats comparing apples and oranges ..@ least twice a month im asked if its a rover ? Maybe its a CowHampshire thing LOL !

Edited by NHCarsFan, 11 January 2010 - 12:59 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   hawleywood1

hawleywood1

2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost Pearl White, 2010 Porsche 4S Panamera

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

The Panamera is very cool and gets really good gas mileage. 400hp V8 getting 25mpg on the freeway. The flex has not done that yet. I just wish Porsche made a vehicle that had all the options in pretty much one package. You have to order sooooo many things individually. Oh well it's a beautiful luxury sports car.

#15 OFFLINE   theseeker

theseeker

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

Reading the posts above, I understand everyone's point. The RR is a very different vehicle than the Flex, just like a F-430 is a different vehicle than a Ford GT. However, since we own both the Flex and a SC RR, I can say the following; if you have the disposable income for a RR, buy one, if you do not, buy a Flex. The EB Flex beats the SC RR and I prefer the handling of the Flex, just MOP. Obviously the RR has much more luxury and it should for the price. However, Ford has trully made me a beliver and we will be ordering our second Flex this week.

Btw, the second Flex will be towing our GT 1000!

theseeker

#16 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

If you were leaving at 3:30 in the morning in the middle of a blizzard and both were in the garage, which one would you be leaving in?

Neither, it would be my F350 Dually Crew Cab Diesel. :happy feet:

#17 OFFLINE   batmommy

batmommy

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hello from Georgia! My dealer told me that the design of the Flex (looking at it head on, so to speak) is very similar to the Range Rover. He said that when the Flex was in the design stage the letters were placed on the front of the hood like a RR. Whether or not this is true - I don't know - but I thought it was interesting. It sounds like the similarities end there...

#18 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Look at the Foose Flex, he put the letters on the hood, and yep looks like a RR.

#19 OFFLINE   we_b_flexn

we_b_flexn

"It ain't braggin if you can back it up"

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

What a bunch of retards!!!

The only reason you buy a Range Rover in the US is to say "Look at me, I own a Range Rover"!!!

Do any of you live in an area where you're using the adjustable suspension, or that you can traverse terrain that is rocky and uneven...I highly doubt it!!!

It's all about style, and what fits your budget.

At the end of the day, the Flex is your mom's station wagon...but a very cool one!!!

My wife and I love ours!!!

And for having to worry about going out into a blizzard in my Flex, no worries...I live by the beach in Socal!!!

#20 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

I've owned several SUVs in the last 20+ years including a Ford Bronco II, a Ford Bronco, a Chevy Suburban, a Dodge Durango, and now a Jeep Commander. The only time I've been off road in any of these vehicles was on boat launch ramps. Everyone pulled my boat out ok in either regular 4 wheel or AWD mode. While I've never driven a Range Rover, in the "looks" department, I think all of the models I've seen are too high for their relatively short length. In other words, butt ugly. Now if I were living in Africa out on the plains somewhere, maybe one of these would be my ride.

Personally I think the Porsche SUV is the biggest joke in SUV vehicles. I'm still waiting to see my first one with mud on it. IMHO, driving one of these $60-$90K rigs is just a school yard brag "Hey, look at me and what I can afford to drive (probably on lease)." My total "4 wheel low" mileage in over 20 years is probably about 100 feet. While I haven't pulled the plug on getting a Flex yet, I'm sure it will be ALL I need for my BIG road work. Most of the time you will see me cruising in my VW Eos hardtop convertible (mostly with the top down.)

And I wouldn't dream of trying any off roading with a Flex. Remember, it's in the "crossover" department which means it will probably DO snow or boat ramps.

Edited by eosBlue, 29 May 2010 - 03:16 PM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·