Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Miles to empty?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kurtsbusa

kurtsbusa

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

Just curious on what the most miles to empty you have seen on your info area after fill up?

I have a 09 FWD and best I have seen is 448 that is after a highway trip

#2 OFFLINE   LoveMyFlex

LoveMyFlex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

Around town, 378 miles to empty. My 09 Limited has 18,000 miles on it, On board computer says I'm getting 20-21mpg. Manually calculated, it's close very to that.
Also, when it say's 0 miles to empty. It means it!!

#3 OFFLINE   grndsm

grndsm

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:58 AM

Really? I always ASSumed that it was like most other cars: E means that you still have a couple of galons left... Last night, I went around 3-4 miles past E, I wanted to fill up to see how much it will take, but it was too cold (17 deg and windy), so I settled for just 5 galons :).

#4 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Really? I always ASSumed that it was like most other cars: E means that you still have a couple of galons left... Last night, I went around 3-4 miles past E, I wanted to fill up to see how much it will take, but it was too cold (17 deg and windy), so I settled for just 5 galons :).

You're a brave person if you took the MTE past zero in that kind of weather UNLESS you had a spare can of gas in the vehicle. Different story if you just went a few miles past E on the gas gauge. The most I've put in my Flex was 17.6 with either 10 or 15 mile to empty (MTE) on the instrument panel. The fuel tank is rated at 18.6. Simple math would indicate that I couldn't have gone very far at 20 MPG with 15 MTE on the gauge.

I realize it's a bit "anal", but I have an app on my iPhone called "AccuFuel" and I used it to track my Flex mileage. So far, with the ECO engine, I'm averaging 18 MPG overall with 5,000 miles on the clock. The highest I've gotten is 24 MPH (highway trip) and the lowest is 14 MPG (boat towing trip).

Short version is that I get nervous when the MTE reads 50, more nervous at 25 and very nervous at 15.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·