Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Dirty interior door panels

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr. Flexx

Mr. Flexx

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:07 PM

This is a "Does anybody else have this problem?" posting.

The interior bottom of the passenger door panels on my Flex capture road dirt in huge amounts. The panels are as dirty as the exterior part of the car directly opposite -- the bottom side panels that get dirty on every car. Obviously dirt is collecting in that area regularly, although I'm not sure how. The problem is, that area doesn't get washed in a standard car wash. I had a mechanic look at it and he said that the panel will corrode much faster because of the dirt gathering in there. I wash that area occasionally but not often enough to stop it from corroding.

Because of the inward slant to the door panels, there's a large interior surface that gets dirty.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

#2 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

This is a "Does anybody else have this problem?" posting.

The interior bottom of the passenger door panels on my Flex capture road dirt in huge amounts. The panels are as dirty as the exterior part of the car directly opposite -- the bottom side panels that get dirty on every car. Obviously dirt is collecting in that area regularly, although I'm not sure how. The problem is, that area doesn't get washed in a standard car wash. I had a mechanic look at it and he said that the panel will corrode much faster because of the dirt gathering in there. I wash that area occasionally but not often enough to stop it from corroding.

Because of the inward slant to the door panels, there's a large interior surface that gets dirty.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Yes, its a problem. I've already consulted with a body shop on this and I'm probably going to wind up filling the seams at the bottom edge of the door panels with cosmoline type substance. I'll let you know what I decide to do. It's a problem waiting to happen and we plan on keeping this vehicle long term. The dirt will collect there and hold moisture in addition to scratching through the paint making moisture even more of a threat. If you think it won't be full of road salt in places like NH by January, you're not paying attention.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·