Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Mirror issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rljslo

rljslo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

Hi All... We just bought an '09 Flex and it's great... However - we've never had a car w/ power / memory seats/pedals, etc and we have an issue. The power mirrors were working fine but all of a sudden, they do not respond at all to being moved (we've had the car for a week... we are unsure if there is a problem or if we have somehow set a "memory position"... Is there a way to rest the mirrors (if that is the issue).... or is there something else going on? Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 OFFLINE   GaryAmundson

GaryAmundson

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

So the mirrors won't move when you try to adjust them using the knob? I assume you know about rotating the mirror "knob" to the left or right and that the middle position is sort of "off"...

The memory settings are saved to either 1 or 2 and on mine it works perfectly to restore all when I use either key fob. One of them being memory position 1 based on opening the car with it, setting the seat and mirror positions, and then pressing the 1 button (until you hear a beep) on the left door. You do the same with the other key fob, unlock the vehicle with it, adjust the mirrors, seats, and pedals, then press "2" until you hear a beep.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way (or need) to "reset" the mirrors.

If this doesn't help, I imagine you probably have an issue you need to report to the dealer...

Edited by GaryAmundson, 28 October 2009 - 09:43 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   mj23chifan

mj23chifan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex Limited

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

My wife and I just bought a used 2009 Flex Limited and we love it, too! However, we're experiencing the EXACT same mirror/memory issue you reported here. Since it's been so long since you posted this, I was curious if your issue got resolved, or if it continued to give you trouble. Thanks in advance for your input!

#4 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

My wife and I just bought a used 2009 Flex Limited and we love it, too! However, we're experiencing the EXACT same mirror/memory issue you reported here. Since it's been so long since you posted this, I was curious if your issue got resolved, or if it continued to give you trouble. Thanks in advance for your input!

Hi mj23chifan,

Congrats on getting a Flex! I recommend swinging by your local Ford dealership so that they can take a look at your mirror concern. They'll be in the best position to get this accurately diagnosed and repaired for you.

Happy motoring!

Crystal

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·