Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

ecoboost mods

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dead Ringer

Dead Ringer

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:17 AM

if anyone finds out information about companies that will start producing mods the for this bad boy, make sure you start posting info. I will be looking for a good ECU, hopefully one that will allow dyno tuning, and not a generic plug n play.

wouldnt mind finding a good set of brakes either...

Edited by Dead Ringer, 12 September 2009 - 03:09 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   typhoon5000

typhoon5000

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

if anyone finds out information about companies that will start producing mods the for this bad boy, make sure you start posting info. I will be looking for a good ECU, hopefully one that will allow dyno tuning, and not a generic plug n play.

I would read through this thread: http://www.fordgtfor...ead.php?t=16434.

Some guys with Ford GT's (and TT ones at that) have bought new SHO's as their DD and already have Unleashed Tuning (an SCT tuner) already tweaking the EcoBoost with gains of 30rwhp, without even increasing boost.

#3 OFFLINE   Todd Tiell

Todd Tiell

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:19 AM

I would read through this thread: http://www.fordgtfor...ead.php?t=16434.

Some guys with Ford GT's (and TT ones at that) have bought new SHO's as their DD and already have Unleashed Tuning (an SCT tuner) already tweaking the EcoBoost with gains of 30rwhp, without even increasing boost.

IMO probably the best mods for the money :
1) 91-93 octane fuel
2) K+N filter..."not cold air kit" because one,it is not truely cold air and two, the computer would not be able to compensate for that much volume of air.
By the way according to the owners manual the ecoboost and the n/a motor share the same filter .
3) Hand held tuner such as SCT, Diablo, or Hypertech(if they have one out) which would then more than likely compensate for a "cold air kit".
4)Front Mount Intercooler
5)Cat delete which is frowned upon in most states but will do wonders for exhaust flow especially with turbo vehicles....not to be confused with cat-back these are just merely noise mods for most vehicles not all!!
6) some type of boost controller either manual or electric coupled with blow off valves if the Ecoboost even has them......my understanding is the turbos are really quite small and are designed for loads of midrange and a very flat torque curve....lessens the feeling of turbo lag!~!!

#4 OFFLINE   Gillagorilla

Gillagorilla

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

The SCT programmer would be the best bang for the buck on this engine from what I have read. There is a guy in Florida that owns a performance shop. He bought a SHO and developed a tune for the Eco boost engine and has the car going from 13.9 to 12.9 in the 1/4 mile with the tires chirping when it shifts second gear at wide open throttle.

So if the SCT tune gives the same results for the Flex Eco boost as it does the SHO then the Flex will be going around 13.6-13.5 in the 1/4 mile.

#5 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

Just a forewarning, K&N + Turbo = Dusting. Not a good combination. No diesel owner would use a K&N in their truck as it could ruin the turbo from all the dust they let through the first 1000 or so miles. The CAI uses a better filter system, AEM has a better filter too. There are better brands of filters than K&N that let air though but filter better. Price out a turbo replacement and compare it to the better air filter costs, I would go with the higher end filters. For that matter I would even go with an Amsoil filter than K&N. They ran an independent test comparing their filter to K&N that showed the amount of dirt that got past it.

Edited by ACDII, 14 February 2010 - 01:46 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   12 sec Flex

12 sec Flex

Oneupper

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 flex ecoboost, 1997 Ford F250 HD 4X4 lifted with 38x15x16.5 2001 honda civic 4door full body kit, custom wheels, custom engine work, suspention, and lots of other custom parts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

I have software and other go fast parts from hennisse and they are worth the cash. They are always there when you need a new flash and my Flex eats camero's and other sports cars that dont know what a ecoboost Flex is. High 12 sec in the 1/4. And 23 mpg on the highway.

#7 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex EB

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Ok... I realize that this thread is very old... But I thought I would still add to it...

If you want a TUNE for your Flex EB, I HIGHLY recommend the Stage 4+ from Livernois. It does require at least 93 Octane BUT OMG, it is an ABSOLUTELY NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE! The low end torque improvement is INSANE! Here is a dyno sheet showing the crazy low end gains with the Stage 4+:

Posted Image

Stock our Flex went 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. With ONLY the Stage 4+ our Flex went 13.4! Yes, with only a tune! Also the STOCK Flex EB does 0-60 MPH in 6.0 seconds... Using my Dashhawk I got pretty close, so I think the DashHawk is pretty darn accurate!

Posted Image

After loading the Stage 4+ tune:

Posted Image

In December I did an axle back system from MRT. I haven't been able to run the Flex at the track since I'm here in Mid-Michigan and it's the middle of Winter... However based on a dyno comparison between my Flex and and a Stock Flex I picked up close to 20 HP by replacing the stock mufflers! Dyno showing a stock Flex vs my Flex which was STOCK except for the new rear mufflers from MRT:

HP Gains:

Posted Image

Torque:

Posted Image

Edited by Scrming, 04 February 2012 - 06:33 AM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·