Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Weird Mirror Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sparky

sparky

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:33 AM

Greetings all:

I love my Ford Flex but I am having a weird problem with the passenger side mirror. Many times when I unlock the car with the key fob, usually when I am pushing the button twice, the power mirror starts trying to adjust itself upward and in fact goes so far that it starts "clicking and popping" as it has reached the end of it's travel range but the motor is still trying to move the mirror.

It's becoming quite annoying. The dealer has replaced the mirror and it still happens. Does anybody out there have any idea what is causing this?

I have a 2009 Flex SEL. It does have memory seats but I have set both memory options to be the same with the mirror in the desired position.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   tunnonator

tunnonator

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

Greetings all:

I love my Ford Flex but I am having a weird problem with the passenger side mirror. Many times when I unlock the car with the key fob, usually when I am pushing the button twice, the power mirror starts trying to adjust itself upward and in fact goes so far that it starts "clicking and popping" as it has reached the end of it's travel range but the motor is still trying to move the mirror.

It's becoming quite annoying. The dealer has replaced the mirror and it still happens. Does anybody out there have any idea what is causing this?

I have a 2009 Flex SEL. It does have memory seats but I have set both memory options to be the same with the mirror in the desired position.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

It sounds like the motor is trying to drive the mirror to a memory position that is beyond the stops. It may be that the mirror needs to be "recaged". While I'm not sure of the stop mechanism in the Flex mirror housing, you may be able to reposition the mirror by pressing on the front in the opposite direction that the mirror drive motor is trying to position (in your case down). Again, I have had this problem on other cars, but haven't experienced it on the Flex yet. So, proceed with caution.

#3 OFFLINE   sparky

sparky

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:06 AM

Hey! This was resolved by my dealer Metropolitan Ford in Eden Prairie, MN. It was a broken plug that connected the wires to the mirror. They "zip tied" the plug together until a new one could be ordered from Ford. That fixed it. I wanted to post this in case anybody else runs into it.

Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   baseball mom

baseball mom

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009Flex

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hey! This was resolved by my dealer Metropolitan Ford in Eden Prairie, MN. It was a broken plug that connected the wires to the mirror. They "zip tied" the plug together until a new one could be ordered from Ford. That fixed it. I wanted to post this in case anybody else runs into it.

Thanks!

Thanks, i will have to print this for my dealer. i have this same problem and it is driving me nuts. the mirror goes nuts but the seat moves properly.

#5 OFFLINE   pfhrtc0

pfhrtc0

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex Limited

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Mine does the same thing. But only once in awhile. Thank you for sharing. I'll try to get my fixed soon and I'll report back if it's the same repair.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·