Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

performance upgrages

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   byrd man

byrd man

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

I have a 09 Limited with a K&N filter element,Hypertech Max Energy programer,Magnaflow S.S. exaust and 22" Lexany wheels, Eibach springs. This car realy goes and handles. The programer is good for 23 HP and 22 foot pounds of torque. The Exaust is good for 11 HP the K&N ? You can go from 0 to 90 in the length of fwy on ramp. I have not dynoed it yet but it is probably about 300 HP. I can see why the 2010 350 HP model is AWD, this thing under full power dosn't know wich way to go. You have to pay attention. It will just break the 265x35x22" tires loose at a stand still. And MPG has not been affected under normal driving conditions.

#2 OFFLINE   TexasFlex

TexasFlex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

I have a 09 Limited with a K&N filter element,Hypertech Max Energy programer,Magnaflow S.S. exaust and 22" Lexany wheels, Eibach springs. This car realy goes and handles. The programer is good for 23 HP and 22 foot pounds of torque. The Exaust is good for 11 HP the K&N ? You can go from 0 to 90 in the length of fwy on ramp. I have not dynoed it yet but it is probably about 300 HP. I can see why the 2010 350 HP model is AWD, this thing under full power dosn't know wich way to go. You have to pay attention. It will just break the 265x35x22" tires loose at a stand still. And MPG has not been affected under normal driving conditions.

Sounds nice! Any pics to share?

#3 OFFLINE   byrd man

byrd man

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

Sounds nice! Any pics to share?

I will post some pics soon

#4 OFFLINE   fl_gators

fl_gators

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

I will post some pics soon

You will be humbled if you go to the dyno. You are not getting 300hp. Your Flex is rated 260 at the crank. Take into consideration a 20% drivetrain loss, heck I will give the Flex the benefit of the doubt and only reduce your drivetrain loss by 15%, even if you add your over qouted figures OF 11HP for your exhaust and 22 hp for your programmer you will be lucky to be pushing 245hp at the front wheels. Not dissing you man, but be ready to grab your ankles when you go to the dyno.

No doubt though, you will be quicker than the average Flex I just want you to be prepared for when you visit the dyno :)

#5 OFFLINE   bonefizz

bonefizz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

Oh Come On! My Flex gets at least 275hp according to my Butt Dyno!

#6 OFFLINE   fl_gators

fl_gators

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

Oh Come On! My Flex gets at least 275hp according to my Butt Dyno!

Exactly! :hysterical:

#7 OFFLINE   Dead Ringer

Dead Ringer

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:57 AM

The programer is good for 23 HP and 22 foot pounds of torque. The Exaust is good for 11 HP the K&N : I have not dynoed it yet but it is probably about 300 HP.

yeah, you are being a little optomistic on your numbers there. With all those mods, I'll bet you gained ~maybe~ 15 - 20 more hp. You dont keep on adding the individual parts hp. Not going to explain my history and tuning cars, but I wished it worked the way all advertisers claim!

#8 OFFLINE   jgira12

jgira12

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

What we need is for K&N to offer a performance cold air intake; not just a wimpy filter the same size as stock. I emailed them, and they do take suggestions, and if there is enough interest they will come out with what we really need as far as intake. So, guys....email them!!!

#9 OFFLINE   MrChubs1

MrChubs1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

I didn't know there waws a programmer out yet. That's great! What did you notice when you installed it?

The 22" wheels are actually hurting your performance due to the gear ratio change from the increase in total tire diameter. Go back to the factory wheel size and you'll pick up some acceleration.

#10 OFFLINE   MikeyP

MikeyP

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 27 posts
  • Current Vehicle:03 Lightning & 2010 Flex

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

What we need is for K&N to offer a performance cold air intake; not just a wimpy filter the same size as stock. I emailed them, and they do take suggestions, and if there is enough interest they will come out with what we really need as far as intake. So, guys....email them!!!

There is a CAI available for the 3.5 now. I have one on my Flex.

#11 OFFLINE   Notgrownup

Notgrownup

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 56 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Flex SE

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

There is a CAI available for the 3.5 now. I have one on my Flex.

Details please......Enquiring minds want to know....

#12 OFFLINE   jefflee347

jefflee347

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Flex Titanium

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

K&N offers the intake system , it's supposed to add 10-12hp for like$300. Anyone try it yet?

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·