Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Dealer Says All 2010 AWD's Are Being Held Due to Faulty Seals

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fl_gators

fl_gators

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

I love my 09. For the price of an AWD Ecoboost I would buy a different vehicle that has real balls. All motor! :happy feet:

Luckily I already have a truck that will walk the Ecoboost so I have no need for one :shift:

Edited by fl_gators, 05 September 2009 - 12:40 PM.

#22 OFFLINE   FlexinToronto

FlexinToronto

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

Just asked the dealer to track my 2010 Flex EB Limited AWD. He checked with regional rep and was told that they have discovered a faulty seal on the AWD models and are holding them while replacement parts are coming. If you already have a 2010 AWD delivered, better check with the dealer on what the plan is to address the ones that went out.

Gents.. sorry to be a little O.T.L here, what "seals" are you referring to? I am expecting my, (ok.. bought it for the wife), our 2010 EB Flex this week. Thnaks for the feedback in advance.

Cheers

#23 OFFLINE   va3rne

va3rne

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:15 AM

I can't find a single 2010 Ecoboost on any dealer lot in Colorado....what gives?

Don't know about you guys. The Flex is a wagon, meant to be a family car; good for towing especially with the extra boost; but not for drag racing. If we want a lot of drag, the Mustang is the answer.

#24 OFFLINE   ahurst

ahurst

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

Don't know about you guys. The Flex is a wagon, meant to be a family car; good for towing especially with the extra boost; but not for drag racing. If we want a lot of drag, the Mustang is the answer.

What connection does your post have to the post you quoted?

#25 OFFLINE   MrChubs1

MrChubs1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:57 PM

My Flex EB has 1000 miles and still smells like burning plastic when I get out. I haven't s,elled it inside thankfully. Guess I need to put it in the air to look for leaks.

Regarding the EB debate, I have to take the EB side. I drove the n/a version and was so unimpressed that I went to look at other cars. The EB upgrades (engine, suspension) made the performance tolerable. W now love the ecar! The regular Flex was simply a dog and wouldn't have worked for me. I also love the fact that it does it on 87 octane!

#26 OFFLINE   Gillagorilla

Gillagorilla

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

As far as the seal that they are dealing with, it is the right side PTU seal that leaks. This apparently is the same PTU box that is on the Edges and MKX's that have been leaking for a while now. Its nice to see Ford is doing something about this now.

I have driven two 2009 Limited Flex's for about 300 miles total now and love them but have not had the opportunity to get behind the wheel of the Flex EB yet. I have driven the 2010 Lincoln MKS
Ecoboost and will tell you it is a night and day difference between the 3.7 liter MKS. The thing freakin flies.

#27 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

.....The regular Flex was simply a dog....

An opinion not shared by hundreds of us quite happy with the far less complicated and well proven N/A V6. That having been said, I'm happy you love your EB and hope it continues to please you.

#28 OFFLINE   MrChubs1

MrChubs1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

An opinion not shared by hundreds of us quite happy with the far less complicated and well proven N/A V6. That having been said, I'm happy you love your EB and hope it continues to please you.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound insulting. I may be a bit spoiled when it comes to horsepower, so my opinion is probably a bit different than the average joe. 9 to 10 secs to 60 mph just doesn;t get it for me. The family car I traded from to get the Flex did it in 4.3, so the drop to the EB is already big enough. I wish it made another 100 hp. :burnout:

Edited by MrChubs1, 27 December 2009 - 09:29 PM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·