Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Front plate license plate holder

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gator

Gator

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a license plate holder for the front of their Flex. I wasn't sure if it's just a standard thing from any Ford vehicle. When I went to Ford they said they didn't know of anything available yet. With the college football season quickly approaching I need to represent with my Florida Gators plate! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   jackflash

jackflash

Flex-a-holic

• Ford Flex Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a license plate holder for the front of their Flex. I wasn't sure if it's just a standard thing from any Ford vehicle. When I went to Ford they said they didn't know of anything available yet. With the college football season quickly approaching I need to represent with my Florida Gators plate! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since some states require dual plates (like Ohio, Nevada, etc.) these should be available. Maybe someone has one on ebay. I'd check with another Ford dealer just to be sure.

#3 OFFLINE   cbss

cbss

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:41 AM

You can find them all over the net. Just get the ones that have the two mount holes at the top and the tabs to hold the bottom of the plate (no hole)

Like this
Posted Image

Try here
Plate holders

#4 OFFLINE   Ratpack

Ratpack

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:07 PM

I live in Wisconsin, so I have to have both a front and rear plate. I just installed the Weather Tech, Clear Covers in brushed stainless steel. Look vey cool. Now to add a trailer hitch reciever cover and nothing is left to advertise the dealer. :happy feet: :happy feet:

#5 OFFLINE   claytucc3

claytucc3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

Mine came with one, now I need to take the dang thing off......

#6 OFFLINE   kermit

kermit

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

i took my front plate groove out i just put mine on the the bottom valance grill

#7 OFFLINE   NEWTON

NEWTON

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Limited

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

I live in Florida only one plate required. Have vanity plate held on by commercial velcro. Periodically change plates have never lost one yet.Velvro at Lowes works great.

#8 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

You didnt say what year its for, the bumper is slightly different between years. However, with that being said, the 2013 Flex does not have a license plate frame, there are two locations to mount the front plate. The first is if you look at the cover itself, there are two dimples in the middle on the front face, and below that on the plastic lower grill are two more. You can mount your plate with self tapping bolts at either of these two locations.  The spacing on the dimples is an exact match to all US license plate mounting holes, and from the looks of it they are spaced where all 4 can be used to mount one plate. 

#9 OFFLINE   Sabtaj1

Sabtaj1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:13 Eco flex limited

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

I wish the dealers didn't punch the holes

#10 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

I wish the dealers didn't punch the holes

That really make me angry!

Edited by robertlane, 05 December 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·