Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

replacing all factory sony speakers?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr_Dove

Mr_Dove

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

I'm thinking about replacing all the factory speakers in my Flex (Sony package). My understanding is that I would need to know both the size of each speaker and also the amount of wattage provided to each speaker by the amplifier. The documention tells the total wattage provided by the amps but doesn't break it down on a per-speaker basis.

Anyone know size and wattage of factory speakers?

I'm also interested in finding out if the subwoofer is sealed into some sort of enclosure or if it is a "free air" type sub. Anyone know this one?

#2 OFFLINE   bonefizz

bonefizz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

The front speakers are components, a 5 x 7in woofer/mid rated at 35 watts and a tweeter mounted on the A pillar. The second row speakers are full range 5 x 7in speakers rated at 35 watts also. The sub is a sealed box 6in sub rated at 60 watts. You have a center dash speaker and rear 3.5in speakers, but I don't know what they are rated at. I only replaced the front and second row speakers when I did my upgrade. If your interested in replacing your subwoofer, I have a Rockford Fosgate 7in woofer I put in my Flex originally. I ended up going with the JL stealthbox eventually, so the sub is sitting in my garage with only two months of use.

#3 OFFLINE   Mr_Dove

Mr_Dove

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:35 AM

the subwoofer is only 6 inches!! I was under the impression that it was 8 inches. 6 inches is pathetic!!

#4 OFFLINE   bigberg44

bigberg44

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

...that's what she said!!

#5 OFFLINE   drglnc

drglnc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

...that's what she said!!

Having not recieved my flex yet i am wondering if the space for the sub is enough that one could cut the hole larger and replace the 6 with an 8?

#6 OFFLINE   Brad Hall

Brad Hall

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

Having not recieved my flex yet i am wondering if the space for the sub is enough that one could cut the hole larger and replace the 6 with an 8?

You will likely not have enough airspace in the enclosure for an 8" sub to have proper frequency response, ie; it will probably sound like crap. The JL Stealthbox looks like the best audio option to me....I'll be ordering mine shortly :)

#7 OFFLINE   Androulidakis

Androulidakis

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

The front speakers are components, a 5 x 7in woofer/mid rated at 35 watts and a tweeter mounted on the A pillar. The second row speakers are full range 5 x 7in speakers rated at 35 watts also. The sub is a sealed box 6in sub rated at 60 watts. You have a center dash speaker and rear 3.5in speakers, but I don't know what they are rated at. I only replaced the front and second row speakers when I did my upgrade. If your interested in replacing your subwoofer, I have a Rockford Fosgate 7in woofer I put in my Flex originally. I ended up going with the JL stealthbox eventually, so the sub is sitting in my garage with only two months of use.

Would you mind elaborating on your speakers swap? I'm interested in replacing mine as well.

#8 OFFLINE   bonefizz

bonefizz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Here is a quick write up of my system. I paid to have it installed, so I can't really give you any tips on installation.

http://fordflexforum...lthbox-is-here/

The outline is on post #7, with more info in #9. Let us know what you decide to do with your system!

Edited by bonefizz, 04 February 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   misery

misery

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:20 AM

How did the 7inch sound? was it much of an improvement over the 6? Might be interested in buying it .. if it still available?

Eric

#10 OFFLINE   bonefizz

bonefizz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

It was better than the factory 6in, but I wanted more. I still have it, send me a PM.

#11 OFFLINE   misery

misery

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

PM sent ..

It was better than the factory 6in, but I wanted more. I still have it, send me a PM.

#12 OFFLINE   mavrck

mavrck

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

where is the factory sub located? Id like to check mine out because my system sounds like crap. I didnt know a factory sub is installed.

#13 OFFLINE   drglnc

drglnc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:29 AM

where is the factory sub located? Id like to check mine out because my system sounds like crap. I didnt know a factory sub is installed.

You only have a sub if you upgraded to the Sony package... if so it is in the rear passanger side panel behind the 3rd row.

#14 OFFLINE   01amberfirewv

01amberfirewv

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

Does the 7" sub fit into the factory location without modifications?

#15 OFFLINE   SLDNX

SLDNX

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex 2010 Black/black

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

Hi all im new on the forum lining function. ..

Edited by SLDNX, 05 May 2014 - 11:44 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   SLDNX

SLDNX

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

I thik the best thing to do in SUBWOOFER is a 15" sealed in the spare tire compartment !! We all have Ford 24/7 so !! Who need a spare tire!

#17 OFFLINE   SLDNX

SLDNX

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:23 AM

Hi ive just take the measurement of all my speaker and they are All 6x8... why you are talking about 5x7?
By the way my flex is 2010 Sel.
And 9n ebay there is a 10"sub that you can instal in the trunk on the right side remplacing the compartment on the wall!

Edited by SLDNX, 07 May 2014 - 02:25 AM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·