Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

where can i purchase roof rails ?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   muphasta

muphasta

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Makes me so happy that we got one w/factory rails! We'll be ordering the Thule cross bars pretty soon. I just sold the rack from the Volvo the Flex replaced last night and that will about cover the cost of the new rails.

#22 OFFLINE   TexFlex

TexFlex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

Those of you that have the sunroof option, are you able to put on rails? I was told there was no way to do that. I opted for no sun roof since we will be carrying a few skis.

note that once you have the roof rails, you need the mounts and crossbars... Yakima and Thule make them both. Since I already have yakima cross bars and ski mounts, all I need are the "RailGrab" mounts and then I'll be all set. REI has the mounts for $159 for a set of 4. Ebay has some for $140. Rails and other accessories (like bike/ski/kayak mounts) can sometimes be found on craigslist for dirt cheap.

Has anyone mounted a Yakima or Thule rack yet? Is the fairing required (noise reduction)?

#23 OFFLINE   Genetic

Genetic

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Those of you that have the sunroof option, are you able to put on rails? I was told there was no way to do that. I opted for no sun roof since we will be carrying a few skis.

note that once you have the roof rails, you need the mounts and crossbars... Yakima and Thule make them both. Since I already have yakima cross bars and ski mounts, all I need are the "RailGrab" mounts and then I'll be all set. REI has the mounts for $159 for a set of 4. Ebay has some for $140. Rails and other accessories (like bike/ski/kayak mounts) can sometimes be found on craigslist for dirt cheap.

Has anyone mounted a Yakima or Thule rack yet? Is the fairing required (noise reduction)?

If you intend to leave the crossbars on most of the time, get the fairing. If you are going to take the rack off on days that you aren't hauling anything (bikes, boats, etc.), don't bother with the fairing. The gear on the rack will make more noise than the rack will.
The Crossroad and the Railgrab are easy enough to take off of the vehicle for everyday driving.

#24 OFFLINE   dtilden

dtilden

The Hustler

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex Ltd EB

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

Installed the factory roof rails today - about ten minutes with a socket driver, no headliner issues. Parts cost about $560, plus $250 for the roof rails (wholesale)

Used:

020F/8A8Z7455182AA CAP
020F/8A8Z7455183AA CAP
020F/8A8Z74551A46AA CAP
020F/8A8Z74551A47AA CAP
020F/8A8Z7455114BA RAIL - ROOF RACK SIDE
020F/8A8Z7455115BA RAIL - ROOF RACK SIDE
020F/W713109S439 SCREW (Need 8)

The cross bar set is backorderd;should be p/n A7FCS-45053R-AA

See pics in pic upload area

Dave

#25 OFFLINE   moparharn

moparharn

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

I HAVE A COMPLETE USED SET UP FROM MY FLEX WITH VISTA ROOF. $250 IN GOOD CONDITION. THEY WORKED GREAT.

Installed the factory roof rails today - about ten minutes with a socket driver, no headliner issues. Parts cost about $560, plus $250 for the roof rails (wholesale)

Used:

020F/8A8Z7455182AA CAP
020F/8A8Z7455183AA CAP
020F/8A8Z74551A46AA CAP
020F/8A8Z74551A47AA CAP
020F/8A8Z7455114BA RAIL - ROOF RACK SIDE
020F/8A8Z7455115BA RAIL - ROOF RACK SIDE
020F/W713109S439 SCREW (Need 8)

The cross bar set is backorderd;should be p/n A7FCS-45053R-AA

See pics in pic upload area

Dave

#26 OFFLINE   kascorah

kascorah

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Flex SEL with Vista roof

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

OK guys, sorry to hear all your frustrations. Had the same experience, and finally got fed up asking the dealer or even the customer service office of Ford directly. So I took matters into my own hands. I ordered Dynasport rails, Mont Blanc bars (rated to 200 lbs.) and a Thule fairing for wind and sound resistance. I will try to attach a picture. If I can't find my pics I know I posted it on photo gallery either in this website or at www.fordflex.net.

I was quoted $1200 for the OEM roof rails this week!!!!! I'm going to try the Dynasport rails with Mont Blanc cross bars as suggested by va3rne. I'm new to this site - just bought my 2009 Flex SEL and love it except I cannot put my surfboard on the roof yet

#27 OFFLINE   dman928

dman928

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex Limited

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

For reference the kits are DA8Z7455100AA (black) and DA8Z7455100BA (chrome).

The kits include everything needed to add the Racks to a Flex.  I ordered and installed them last week.

Paid approx $250 shipped for everything.

#28 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

The kits include everything needed to add the Racks to a Flex.  I ordered and installed them last week.

Pretty cheap for factory racks.  I have a vehicle (no names mentioned) that I cannot add them to if they weren't factory installed due to the air bags being in the way.

#29 OFFLINE   paulsboy

paulsboy

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Flex Limited White Suede

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Could you give me a link or let me know where you bought them for $250 shipped please?  I can find them for $250, but that is without shipping.  Thanks!

#30 OFFLINE   paulsboy

paulsboy

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Flex Limited White Suede

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

For anybody looking for the factory roof rails, I just ordered from http://www.fordparts.com/VarsityFord and got them for $270 shippped via fedex.  They shipped the next day, and I will have them 2 days from the day I placed the order.  It should be noted I only live 3 hours from them, but they shipped quickly.  

#31 OFFLINE   Ishoubrewer2@yahoo.com

Ishoubrewer2@yahoo.com

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

I live in the Orange County California area and would gladly give away the roof rails on my 2013 Flex in exchange for the inserts for the non-rail version.
If anyone is interested, please let me know.
I would prefer someone in the Southern California area.

#32 OFFLINE   flexcision

flexcision

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Limited

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

Anyone know if these parts are backward compatible to models older than 2013?

#33 OFFLINE   flexcision

flexcision

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Limited

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

Anyone know if these parts are backward compatible to models older than 2013?

Hey everyone, I purchased Ford Flex Roof Rack kit DA8Z7455100AA (black) from my local Ford dealer for $527 CAD incl tax and shipping [that equates to about $425 USD at the moment]. The kit is supposed to be for model years 2013 and up, according to Ford. The parts clerk made that abundantly clear and said he would not take the parts back if they didn't fit. In any case I went ahead with the purchase after reading this forum and FordFlex.net. I have a 2009 Flex Limited w/ Vista Roof and DVD player. The install was about 90 minutes for 2 guys who didn't really have any idea of what to expect.

Contrary to what some people had said, we did have to drop the headliner a few inches to get access to the forward fastener of the weather stripping. Essentially getting access to that fastener on either side of the car was the hardest and longest part. The instructions tell you to remove the sun visor, the passenger handle, the cabin lights, and part of the seatbelt mechanism and the fairings that cover the windshield staunsions. We only removed the sun visors and passenger handle which gave limited access to said fastener.

You'll need a few "exotic" tools:

8mm very long reach socket

Torx T15 driver bit

Weather sealant (I use marine grade 3M 5200)

Flashlight

In the end the install was extremely simple and the result quite nice.

Again, I installed this kit on my 2009 Flex without problem - proving that the part is backward compatible.

Hope this is helpful for anyone in the same situation...

#34 OFFLINE   Ford Flex Guide

Ford Flex Guide

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fords

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

From what I understand, you have to be careful when installing them due to the airbags.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·