Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

power liftgate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cutmemick

cutmemick

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

My garage height isn't very tall.I would like to purchase a Flex Limited with the power lift gate but I am afraid it will open to far and hit into the garage door.Can the lift gate still be opened manually so I can controll how far it swings up.

#2 OFFLINE   Mtech

Mtech

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

My garage height isn't very tall.I would like to purchase a Flex Limited with the power lift gate but I am afraid it will open to far and hit into the garage door.Can the lift gate still be opened manually so I can controll how far it swings up.

Yes !! this is done by either of 2 methods:

1. Open the liftgate manually, and as the automatic release tries to push it up, resist a bit and the auto system will shut off. Then you close manually, and the system resets to normal mode.

2. Disable the power liftgate in the drivers set up menu, explained nicely by the owners manual. You still can open and close the liftgate via the power assist device, but the rear C pillar switch is disabled ~ so the kiddies stop playing with it. In this scenario, your key fob will still power the liftgate up or down, but when you want to grab the 'gate open manually the power assist will not kick in. This is how I have my Flex set up as I had the same concerns about the 'gate smacking the garage door or ceiling.

Edited by Mtech, 26 July 2009 - 04:15 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   cutmemick

cutmemick

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Yes !! this is done by either of 2 methods:

1. Open the liftgate manually, and as the automatic release tries to push it up, resist a bit and the auto system will shut off. Then you close manually, and the system resets to normal mode.

2. Disable the power liftgate in the drivers set up menu, explained nicely by the owners manual. You still can open and close the liftgate via the power assist device, but the rear C pillar switch is disabled ~ so the kiddies stop playing with it. In this scenario, your key fob will still power the liftgate up or down, but when you want to grab the 'gate open manually the power assist will not kick in. This is how I have my Flex set up as I had the same concerns about the 'gate smacking the garage door or ceiling.

Thanks that is good to know.I think I like the second method

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·