Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

09 awd flex

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   09flex?

09flex?

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 ford flex sel

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

i bought the wife a 09 awd flex. dealer sales manager car. had 6000 miles when we bought.15000 had a rear caliper hang up.also wife os hearing a whistling noise at 50-60 mph. windows up or down doesnt seem to matter.also hearing a grinding grumbling noise while driving.noise seems to start when you reach cruising speed.the noise is definetly speed related when you slow noise slows with car speed.just wondering if anyone has any ideas.car has 18000 miles on it now. i hope its still under warranty.one last question went on a 600 mile trip set cruise at 80 mph and averaged 19.1 mpg much better than our 05 trailblazer.like the flex much better.dealer service so far has been bettter also. hopefully i still feel the same after this problem.

#2 OFFLINE   rc_cola

rc_cola

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

sorry to hear about your issues....here's my 2cents..

for the whistling issue, sounds like you may have a window seal that is bent. one of my window seals (right rear passenger window) needed to be replace when i took delivery, it came bent from the factory. the body shop fixed the same day of my delivery.

for the brake grinding noise, there is a TSB on "grinding" brakes. it entails replacing the pads and putting some lube in the brake calipers.

for the grumbling noise, i had it. it ended up being a wheel bearing that needed to be replaced (left rear), no more noise once the bearing was replaced.

hopefully, your dealership will take care of you. other than my couple of issues, love the vehicle.

the only other issue i had was the A/C went out. the o-rings failed at the compressor and all the fluid escaped. o-rings were replaced, system recharged and it been workin like a champ!

-rc

#3 OFFLINE   09flex?

09flex?

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

thank you i also think wheel bearing my guess would be left rear what scares me is that is the side the caliper hung up on.also forgot to mention we had a leak in the rear end dealer said it was over full from factory.no more leaks but grinding noise started shortly after leak was fixed.it goes in moday 7-6-09 so we will see.we also love the car so far.hopefully i can say that 3 or 4 years from now.first ford product so far.had 02 malibu then 05 tralblazer
ext 50-60 thousand miles and started having to many problems. so we tried the flex.maybe the silverado hd will be a super duty next year.
sorry to hear about your issues....here's my 2cents..

for the whistling issue, sounds like you may have a window seal that is bent. one of my window seals (right rear passenger window) needed to be replace when i took delivery, it came bent from the factory. the body shop fixed the same day of my delivery.

for the brake grinding noise, there is a TSB on "grinding" brakes. it entails replacing the pads and putting some lube in the brake calipers.

for the grumbling noise, i had it. it ended up being a wheel bearing that needed to be replaced (left rear), no more noise once the bearing was replaced.

hopefully, your dealership will take care of you. other than my couple of issues, love the vehicle.

the only other issue i had was the A/C went out. the o-rings failed at the compressor and all the fluid escaped. o-rings were replaced, system recharged and it been workin like a champ!

-rc

#4 OFFLINE   flexgal

flexgal

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

brought my 2009 Flex to dealer on 6/19 right rear calipers were @ 0% and left 55%. parts still not in. Also have same wind noise on right rear and dealship ironically said they drove another Flex on the lot and it sounded the same!! Hopefully the caliper issues isnt a trend. I did notice a break proble at 11,000 miles and presently have 26,000. Wish me luck!

#5 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

I believe it's TSB #09-13-3.

#6 OFFLINE   09flex?

09flex?

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

wel i picked up the 09 flex dealer changed both rear bearings. noise is much less but still here a noise.its
hard to pinpoint where i think it is coming from.car goes back in on monday 7-13-09.hopefully they will be able to fix it this time.starting to wonder if this car was a good purchase.

#7 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

wel i picked up the 09 flex dealer changed both rear bearings. noise is much less but still here a noise.its
hard to pinpoint where i think it is coming from.car goes back in on monday 7-13-09.hopefully they will be able to fix it this time.starting to wonder if this car was a good purchase.

Hmm, that's strange. I hope you're able to get it completely resolved.

#8 OFFLINE   09flex?

09flex?

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

well we picked up the 09 flex and the noise seems to be gone now they put a front wheel bearing in it now.
so now it has 3 out of 4 bearings changed. hopefully this is the end of it. but i really wonder what shape the
4 th bearing is in.whistle noise is still there.

#9 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

well we picked up the 09 flex and the noise seems to be gone now they put a front wheel bearing in it now.
so now it has 3 out of 4 bearings changed. hopefully this is the end of it. but i really wonder what shape the
4 th bearing is in.whistle noise is still there.

I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and replace the 4th one.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·