Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Eibach Spring Install on my 2009 FWD (Rear)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cbss

cbss

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

Well FEDEX dropped off my new Eibach kit for my 2009 FWD, Installed the rear springs took less then 2 hours from start to end. The rear spring kit looks so good, leveled the flex out I am holding off installing the front springs.

Eibach Spring Install Ford Flex FWD
Tools Needed

7mm combo wrench
15mm combo wrench
13/16’” combo wrench
13/16” impact socket
1/2” impact gun
Large pry bar

Locate Flex on level surface.
Block front wheels front and rear of tire.
Jack rear of Flex on spring pockets and install jack stands on frame mount (both sides of Flex).
Posted Image
Remove both right & left tires from Flex.
Remove sway bar link assemblies from right & left of Flex.
Posted Image
Swing sway bar assembly’s down and out of the way.
Posted Image
Place floor jack under the spring pocket of the lower control arm, jack up a few inches
Posted Image
Remove lower control arm bolt.
Posted Image
Lower floor jack and remove from under the control arm.
Grab a hold of the spring and push down the lower control arm and remove the spring.
Posted Image
Clean upper & lower spring pockets.
Push down the lower control arm and install Eibach rear spring. (Small end up)
Replace floor jack under the spring pocket in the lower control arm and jack up till lower bolt hole is aligned, and replace the bolt.
(Make sure that the tag of the lower control arm nut is in the slot of the lower control arm, and tighten nut.
Posted Image
Replace sway bar link
Posted Image
Replace tire and torque lug nuts to 95 ft/lbs.
Repeat on other side of Flex and

Here is with rear springs only
Posted Image

Full size pictures here
  • consipio likes this

#2 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

Well FEDEX dropped off my new Eibach kit

NICE post, thanks for the work!
PLEASE follow-up with the front install movie show!!

#3 OFFLINE   Flex4mula

Flex4mula

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

Nice! How is the ride compared to stock? Is it a little harsher? Honestly. I'm looking at this mod but I really like the smooth ride of my Ltd but love lowered cars (has three like that). But in this case if ride smoothness is noticeably harder I may stay away. Tks.

#4 OFFLINE   cbss

cbss

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

I am very impressed with the ride with the rear springs in only, The ride is very much the same as the factory ones. I have six very large speed bumbs onth eway to my work and the ride over these at 45 mph is better then the factory. I think Eibach needs to sell a rear kit only. I am going to wait a month or so to see if the rear springs hode the hight.

Chuck

#5 OFFLINE   Flex4mula

Flex4mula

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

I just ordered my Eibach kit. At their website they clearly do not recommend to install one side only as the kit works as a system. But then they make more money selling 4 than 2.

#6 OFFLINE   Flex4mula

Flex4mula

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:31 AM

Well, yesterday installed my springs. Rear ones went in less than one hour. Piece of cake. The front ones? OMG! 4+hrs You need to remove struts and change springs. Not for the mechanically shy. Took me a very long time to figure out how to remove the strut without tearing apart all the suspension :(
But the final result is awesome. More than the drop is the ride. Strights and bumps feel amost the same as stock. But the cornering is just super. I think the stock Flex has great handling and do not lean much on corners. But with these it feels like a BMW! I'm waiting for the springs to settle to measure the real drop but right now it is looking great. Worth the hard effort :D

#7 OFFLINE   Mixedbreed

Mixedbreed

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

does anyone have pics of a front install? i installed my 150's drop in about 3 hours for the front and rear but it was leafs in the rear and they were easy. all these lowered Flexs' look awesome!!!! your flex looks alot like mine and it has pushed me over the edge, i am gonna drop mine too!

Edited by Mixedbreed, 28 June 2009 - 02:25 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   ctsracing

ctsracing

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:36 AM

Well, yesterday installed my springs. Rear ones went in less than one hour. Piece of cake. The front ones? OMG! 4+hrs You need to remove struts and change springs. Not for the mechanically shy. Took me a very long time to figure out how to remove the strut without tearing apart all the suspension :(
But the final result is awesome. More than the drop is the ride. Strights and bumps feel amost the same as stock. But the cornering is just super. I think the stock Flex has great handling and do not lean much on corners. But with these it feels like a BMW! I'm waiting for the springs to settle to measure the real drop but right now it is looking great. Worth the hard effort :D

Im going to do the fronts next weekend. How did you disassemble the front end. I dont want to repeat your experience.
Thanks a ton!

#9 OFFLINE   Ratpack

Ratpack

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:41 PM

Very cool.............You have me thinking. Should I do this.

#10 OFFLINE   DJ Lantz

DJ Lantz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

Have you noticed any rub? Do you think it would rub with 7 adults on board?

#11 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:42 AM

If your still on factory wheels/tires, you will never get any rub no matter what drop you put on. Factory tires are designed to avoid rubbing from full jounce to full rebound, so it doesn't make any difference what the loaded ride height is.

#12 OFFLINE   DJ Lantz

DJ Lantz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

If your still on factory wheels/tires, you will never get any rub no matter what drop you put on. Factory tires are designed to avoid rubbing from full jounce to full rebound, so it doesn't make any difference what the loaded ride height is.

Thanks for the response.

#13 OFFLINE   consipio

consipio

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford Flex

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

How did these Eibach springs hold up in the rear? I am specifically interested in using the rear springs only as a way to level the vehicle height from front to back. So, if they held the height you got out of them, I am thinking I may have just found my new rear springs. Also... Did you have to adjust the alignment at all after doing just the rear springs?

#14 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 278 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

Just an FYI, the last post on this thread was 6 years ago, other than Waldo I don't know if any of the members are still active, so I'm not sure you are going to get a response.

Edited by mmsstar, 02 December 2016 - 07:03 AM.

• consipio likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·