Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

AWD Badge

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffryl

jeffryl

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

I'm supposed to be picking up my Limited all wheel drive tomorrow, but when I stopped by today to drop off the plates, I noticed there was no AWD badge on the gate? They assured me it was AWD, the invoice says it is, and the base price listed on the invoice before discount is $43,499, same as advertised on the Ford.ca web site for the AWD version. I suppose the badge could have fallen off, or been removed, but I'm wondering if any knows any other way I can verify the AWD status. Is there a code in the VIN number or something?

#2 OFFLINE   rc_cola

rc_cola

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

you can verify when you pick it up by getting down on one knee and look underneath the Flex. if there is a propshaft (it'll be in the middle of the car) going from the front of the car to the rear, then it's all wheel drive.

#3 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

Strange that it wouldn't have a badge even if it's supposed to be an AWD model. Definitely follow rc_cola's advice and look underneath to find out for sure.

#4 OFFLINE   cbss

cbss

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

Even starnger I have a FWD Limited and it has a AWD badge on the rear cover. Some one slippedup..
Chuck

#5 OFFLINE   Scott_FlexLtd

Scott_FlexLtd

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

Chuck got Jeff's rear plate and vice-versa.... ;)

#6 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

I think the AWD badge looks cool. I'd tell them to get you one. Shouldn't be a big deal for the dealer to get one and install. And, it's part of the package anyway. B)

#7 OFFLINE   Rich Simon

Rich Simon

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

You would be surprised how much badging gets screwed up. I once received a Explorer Limited with no Limited badging. Dealer ordered and installed them. I work for a car rental company, we once received hundreds of Chevy's in with no badging at all, no make, no model, no nothing. The lack of badging was great, we just told customers they were what ever we needed it to be. Today it's a Cobalt, tomorrow it's an Impala, the next day it's a Corvette - worked like a charm! <;)

#8 OFFLINE   MrChubs1

MrChubs1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

Mine caqme without the Ecoboost badge. The wifey is so proud of the EB engine (yes, she rocks), so I got the dealer to order me one.

#9 OFFLINE   MrChubs1

MrChubs1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:35 AM

Mine caqme without the Ecoboost badge. The wifey is so proud of the EB engine (yes, she rocks), so I got the dealer to order me one.

We got the badge and installed it. From what I can tell, you don't get the AWD badge if you have an Ecoboost. The badges install in the same location. We have both now and it looks fine.

#10 OFFLINE   Michael Tuccillo

Michael Tuccillo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:36 PM

Only the non EcoBoost version comes with and AWD badge. The EcoBoost has only the EcoBoost badge. I am looking for a nice way to tell the world about my twin-turbo, AWD vehicle as well. People here in Los Angeles see the dang EcoBoost badge and think this thing is a hybrid. In fact a guy in an 80's Porsche wouldn't let me over on the freeway yesterday. I accelerated and got over in front of him. He pulled up next to me afterwards with a complete look of amazement on his face. He had no idea that my toaster could scoot like that......:)

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·