Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

prospective used flex buyer looking for advice for towing aspects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sunrisebaskets

sunrisebaskets

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:f-250

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

hi i'm gary and my wife, sybil and i make baskets, after years of being cut flower farmers. we currently use our 2011 mercedes sprinter van that was refrigerated and insulated in order to carry our flowers in.  now we use it to carry the baskets and show supplies to do craft shows. we are looking to sell the sprinter van as we no longer really need it and are looking at getting a used flex to tow a cargo trailer. the trailer will either be a single axle rated at gvwr of 3k# or possibly a dual axle rated at 7k#. ik that dual trailer fully loaded is beyond the flex in any model/package configuration. ik the flex has a max towing capacity of 4.5k# but not sure exactly how that has to be set up? it appears from my trailer magazines towing guide that the flex with ecoboost (is this a turbo??)  in AWD can handle this but i'm not quite sure what to expect that to actually come installed with? oil cooler? radiator increased capacity? brake controller? etc??? and it implies that the AWD non ecoboost WITHOUT wt distributing hitch can handle that wt but that the same engine in FWD HAS to have the wt distributing hitch to carry that wt? 

is there anything else you can offer me in way of thoughts or advice to help me make this decision? i really like the flex for our needs and will highly appreciate any input good or bad. thanks in advance, gary

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·