Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Some exterior mods & questions

flex mod vinyl lights

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brian Steele

Brian Steele

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

Hi, I am new to the forum, and registered b/c I think I am ready to do something about my Flex by myself. Before, it was serviced in a shop only.

Anyways, I have prepared a pic of what I am planning to do. That os only a scheme, and now I will be talking only about the front end.

Attached File  8754.JPG   39.27KB   1 downloads

Now, the front grilles plus surround have to be orange. Now I cannot set up my mind, whether it's better to do vinyl or paint with some matte orange paint. Yet I believe vinyl is better, since I can take it off when I decide to sell my Flex. What would you choose - paint or vinyl?

Now, see the yellow arrow in the pic. That is the next part of my project. I want to grab an amber side marker like on the newer BMWs and install it right over the fender:

Attached File  220.JPG   33.23KB   0 downloads

BMW Pic source

Now, I checked every single side marker for 2013 Flex, including universal stuff on e-bay and haven't found anything that will fit.

https://www.ebay.com...RUCK&MYear=2013- here's what I was looking through.

I was wondering, if anyone ever thought of such sort of mod? Or maybe you saw such side marker in some shop?

Or I even thought maybe I can hook up side markers off some BMW on my Flex?

Any ideas are appreciated!!!

#2 OFFLINE   Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 LTD Ecobooost, 303A plus Tow Pkg, 40-40 2nd row w/frige console. All options but Appearance Pkg. & Vista Roof.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:10 PM

Since you're doing something as, shall we say wild, as orange on a dark car, I would strongly suggest vinyl.  That way when you're ready to sell, it can be changed back to normal.  If you look at it when done and wonder why did I ever do that, you can easily undo it.  Good luck.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flex, mod, vinyl, lights

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·