Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Back up Camera Not Working; Replacement Options

2011 Ford Flex Back up Camera rear camera

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   greenkarma

greenkarma

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex Limited

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

We just bought a 2011 Ford Flex Limited with 55,500 miles on it. When we test drove the backup camera worked fine. After we got it home and washed it up, the camera has now stopped working. We can still see some faint lines on the screen like it's trying to work but you really can't see anything. The sensors are working/beeping. I updated to the latest version of SYNC and did the battery disconnect and nothing worked. We also did a factory reset on everything. Next, we're planning to check the wiring just to be *sure* it's not just a bad connection but I'm not hopeful. 

Has anyone replaced the Flex camera? Specifically, we were wondering if we could get the newer camera (2013-2017) PN: EA8Z-19G490-A vs the older camera (2009-2012) PN: 8A8Z-19G490-B. I found that the 2009-2012 camera costs $450 while the newer 2013-2017 costs $262. 
Doesn't make sense to me? forehead.gif 

I read through this article here concerning Ford Part Numbers: http://www.fordifica... ... erview.htm
But still cannot figure out if the newer cameras would work or not! 

We are not going to a dealership to have this replaced to the tune of $500-$1000. If anything we'll keep buying cameras and trying them until we find one that works. 

Seems like aftermarket cameras might not work with the original wiring/display but I'm not sure about this either. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   nocody

nocody

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Flex

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:58 AM

Any update on this? Do you have a copy of the wire diagrams?

#3 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 271 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

The OP replaced the camera with one from eBay. The wiring diagram for the camera for the 2011 does not match the wiring on the actual part.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2011 Ford Flex, Back up Camera, rear camera

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·