Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Eibach springs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ScottL

ScottL

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:44 AM

This kit runs about $250ish?? Anyone find them cheaper?

#22 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

Fair enough...but is the ride 10% harder, or 50% harder?

While I could probably live with a little harder ride, I don't think I would want to sacrifice a ton of comfort to lower my Flex 1.5".

Fortunately, the Eibachs are a progressive rate (as opposed to linear rate) spring, and you can expect what I would call a "Firm" ride. I don't have ANY experience with Eibachs in the Flex but have lowered my Audis with Eibachs and Bilsteins for many years many times. As for a percentage, that's a tough one. You'll get less dive under braking, less roll under cornering, and less tilt under acceleration. I have never found the Eibachs to be uncomfortable, but rather firm, and you'll mostly notice this when the pavement isn't perfect. Overall, you should expect more responsiveness, and not much less comfort. I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that the difference might be like going from a stock "Town Car" to a stock "Mustang" at worst... but that's an edumacated guess FWIW.

#23 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

This kit runs about $250ish?? Anyone find them cheaper?

That's a fair price.

#24 OFFLINE   Flex4mula

Flex4mula

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:30 AM

...I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that the difference might be like going from a stock "Town Car" to a stock "Mustang" at worst... but that's an edumacated guess FWIW.

Wow! I think that is a huge difference. I really hope you are wrong. I have my Eibachs ready to be installed next weekend. But if the difference is that bad I'll put stock ones back. Hope not.

#25 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:05 AM

Wow! I think that is a huge difference. I really hope you are wrong. I have my Eibachs ready to be installed next weekend. But if the difference is that bad I'll put stock ones back. Hope not.

Perhaps I misspoke... I think you'll like the Eibachs... but live with them for a month even if they might seem a tad harsh at first... my guess would be that you'll like them...

#26 OFFLINE   Robby887

Robby887

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

Mine rides smooth as heck. Just like factory.

Fair enough...but is the ride 10% harder, or 50% harder?

While I could probably live with a little harder ride, I don't think I would want to sacrifice a ton of comfort to lower my Flex 1.5".

#27 OFFLINE   Flex4mula

Flex4mula

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

You can't have a ride as smooth as with the stock springs, simply because the lowering springs are harder (it's easy to understand, if you lower your car, your springs must be harder because they are smaller)

Let me guess. You don't have them and definitely have no clue. Or maybe you cut the springs in one of your cars. Or even worst torched them. I suggest you to check how these lowering springs get designed. Of course due to not knowing many would have the same doubts. Well I do have them installed and was hoping the smooth ride to stay the same. To my surprise I can't tell the difference. Nice and supple ride. But the best thing is that cornering it sways much less. This is a mod that I would recommend to anyone.

#28 OFFLINE   djhio

djhio

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

Let me guess. You don't have them and definitely have no clue. Or maybe you cut the springs in one of your cars. Or even worst torched them. I suggest you to check how these lowering springs get designed. Of course due to not knowing many would have the same doubts. Well I do have them installed and was hoping the smooth ride to stay the same. To my surprise I can't tell the difference. Nice and supple ride. But the best thing is that cornering it sways much less. This is a mod that I would recommend to anyone.

Well, I had 3 cars with short springs and another with complete Koni's, and I always felt the difference. You have a better feeling of the road because it's harder than the stock springs. I don't mean it's a lot harder, but as far as it is, I feel it.

#29 OFFLINE   speedfreak999s

speedfreak999s

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:39 PM

I think you just answered a question I've been wondering for a month now. The sway through corners drives me nuts. I had to get rid of my A4 (kids) and the way that car stuck to the road as compared to the Flex has been driving me crazy. Guess I know what I'll be taking care of next weekend. Thanks.

#30 OFFLINE   fl_gators

fl_gators

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Eibach springs are progressive springs. If you can't feel the difference than you don't know what YOU are talking about. hahahahahahaha I'll give you the benifit of the doubt though, you can't put them to the full test in a vehicle like the Flex because afterall, this is not a performance vehicle. What makes me laugh is every loves to get springs but they never mention anything about new shocks. Enjoy your ride now because you will be able to compress your stock shocks by hand in a few months. Eibach needs to make some pro dampers for the springs for the Flex or supply some shock extensions.........

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·