Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Eibach springs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djhio

djhio

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:14 AM

Hi guys,

I got a question, I saw on the Eibach website they sell springs for the 2WD Flex.
Mine will be a Limited AWD, do you think the Eibach kit will fit my ride?

Eibach springs kit

Thank you!

#2 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:08 AM

the eibach springs went on my awd yesterday.
yes, it will be fine.
it is all he same stuff.......

#3 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:48 AM

the eibach springs went on my awd yesterday.
yes, it will be fine.
it is all he same stuff.......

That's interesting, having installed Eibachs on any number of Quattros and they were almost always different than for the FWD Audis....

#4 OFFLINE   djhio

djhio

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

thank you for your answer :)

#5 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

this questioned peaked my curiousity yesterday.
called my installer/supplier.
he said he thought the same thing originally when he ordered the parts.
checked the dealer portion of the eibach site and it is listed as 2wd and awd having the same part.
i will say this.......... eibach's site has the drop listed at 1.0" up front and 1.2" at the back. mine is lower than that. i can only think that the awd weighs more than the 2wd. effectively, lowering the vehicle more.

#6 OFFLINE   djhio

djhio

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:51 AM

this questioned peaked my curiousity yesterday.
called my installer/supplier.
he said he thought the same thing originally when he ordered the parts.
checked the dealer portion of the eibach site and it is listed as 2wd and awd having the same part.
i will say this.......... eibach's site has the drop listed at 1.0" up front and 1.2" at the back. mine is lower than that. i can only think that the awd weighs more than the 2wd. effectively, lowering the vehicle more.

ty.
so do you think it will fit the car with 22" wheels?

#7 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

ty.
so do you think it will fit the car with 22" wheels?

it'll be fine.
my 22s will be going on in the next 2 weeks.
just remember, by running the 265/35/22, you will be running the same overall diameter as the oem wheel/tire package.

#8 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

Hi,
if you are looking for auto parts then you have to visit <!--fonto:Book
Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book
Antiqua"><!--/fonto-->theautopartsshop.com[/font]
, you will find all your need.

-----------
Buy Low Price Ford Ranger Wheel Hub Assembly, Clutch Kit, Brake Rotor, headlights, Brake Caliper, shock Absorber, Door Mirror, Strut Assembly, Alternator, Exhaust Manifold at theautopartsshop.com

Ford Ranger Brake Pads
Ford Ranger Oxygen Sensor
Ford Ranger Headlights
Ford Ranger Wheels
Ford Ranger Rims

Go peddle your wares elsewhere... can a moderator pull the plug on this person?

#9 OFFLINE   ScottL

ScottL

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:35 AM

What are you guys gaining by adding these springs? Is it just a visual "dropped" look?

Does it affect the ride in any way? Sorry if these are dumb questions...I'm just curious!!

:)

#10 OFFLINE   typhoon5000

typhoon5000

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:00 AM

What are you guys gaining by adding these springs? Is it just a visual "dropped" look?

Does it affect the ride in any way? Sorry if these are dumb questions...I'm just curious!!

Lowering a vehicle not only is a visual upgrade, but it improves aerodynamics (less air goes under the car, which is good) and lowers the vehicles center of gravity (CG), which improves handling and reduces body roll, as long as the springs have an equal or greater springrate than the stock springs. However, most people do it for the cosmetic appeal, allowing the wheels/tires to be tucked in tighter and looking sportier.

#11 OFFLINE   ScottL

ScottL

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

That is a great answer.

Thanks!

#12 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:31 AM

i lowered my flex to reduce and even out the wheel gap. performance on a 5000 lb. truck is negligible.

#13 OFFLINE   ctsracing

ctsracing

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

Lowering a vehicle not only is a visual upgrade, but it improves aerodynamics (less air goes under the car, which is good) and lowers the vehicles center of gravity (CG), which improves handling and reduces body roll, as long as the springs have an equal or greater springrate than the stock springs. However, most people do it for the cosmetic appeal, allowing the wheels/tires to be tucked in tighter and looking sportier.

Has anyone installed the Eibachs themselves on an AWD.. If so are there any tips or warnings you can give before I start mine. Also did yo have to have it re-aligned?

#14 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:18 AM

Has anyone installed the Eibachs themselves on an AWD.. If so are there any tips or warnings you can give before I start mine. Also did yo have to have it re-aligned?

i didn't install mine myself, but was there for the install.
no alignment was required.
the fronts were easier than the rear.

#15 OFFLINE   markn02

markn02

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

so 22''s will still fit after lowering the flex with the eibach springs? and does anyone know how much it cost for the springs and the have someone install them?

#16 OFFLINE   PyleDriver

PyleDriver

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

Is there any noticeable vibrations?? I know that with lowering a AWD you will change the CV angle and that can cause vibrations at certain speeds. What about the ride?? does it hope and bounce or is it the same as stock? On some vehicles when you lower them you put the shock out of its optimal operation range and they do not damp in the same way.

I ask all these questions because I want to lower mine Flex but with every other vehicle that I have lowered I have been bummed with the ride. The look is great but I don't want to ruin the ride.

Mike

#17 OFFLINE   Flex4mula

Flex4mula

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

Is there any noticeable vibrations?? I know that with lowering a AWD you will change the CV angle and that can cause vibrations at certain speeds. What about the ride?? does it hope and bounce or is it the same as stock? On some vehicles when you lower them you put the shock out of its optimal operation range and they do not damp in the same way.

I ask all these questions because I want to lower mine Flex but with every other vehicle that I have lowered I have been bummed with the ride. The look is great but I don't want to ruin the ride.

Mike

DITTO

#18 OFFLINE   speedfreak999s

speedfreak999s

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

Mike

Wow. This question is totally what I need to know too. I really want to lower my Flex because it'll look great. Wife said that she'd be fine with it (it is her car) but I have to make sure that the ride will be just as smooth. It's an interesting question because when I used to sell Audi's there was a noticeable difference in ride smoothness between stock cars and the lowered ones.

#19 OFFLINE   djhio

djhio

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:30 AM

You can't have a ride as smooth as with the stock springs, simply because the lowering springs are harder (it's easy to understand, if you lower your car, your springs must be harder because they are smaller)

#20 OFFLINE   ScottL

ScottL

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

You can't have a ride as smooth as with the stock springs, simply because the lowering springs are harder (it's easy to understand, if you lower your car, your springs must be harder because they are smaller)

Fair enough...but is the ride 10% harder, or 50% harder?

While I could probably live with a little harder ride, I don't think I would want to sacrifice a ton of comfort to lower my Flex 1.5".

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·