Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sync 3 Version 2.0 Update With Android Auto -- UPDATE!!!

Sync Version 2.0 Update Android Auto

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NxlKing2304

NxlKing2304

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford Flex Limited AWD

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let every flex owner out there know that it is possible to get the 2.0 update from Ford!!!!  I recently have been back and forth with my dealer (NOT MENTIONING WHICH ONE!!) and we were discussing this topic and they said can't do it.  I explained that I was also having issues where sometimes If I backed up and then drove the backup camera would stay active on my radio screen, rendering it useless for all functions.  I had also several issues where I was playing a sone from my USB and it would appear correct on the big screen, but not on the small screen in dash.  They told me that they would look at the vehicle.  After an hour or so, they called me and told me that they had to change the APIM? module.  I'm not sure if I'm spelling that properly, but that is the heart of the SYNC software for the car.

Fast Forward 2 weeks, and they called me to have it installed.  Got the car back and it has Version 2.0 on it with Android Auto!!!!!  This shit is awesome.  Do what you will with this information.

I own a 2016 Ford Flex Limited.

NxlKing2304

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sync, Version, 2.0, Update, Android, Auto

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·