Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cam Phaser Issues CEL P0016

CEL P0016

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ForMyRide

ForMyRide

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:44 PM

Computer threw a P0016 Code, Crank to Cam timing correlation issue.  I have seen this issue come up alot with the ecoboost F150 trucks but not much in the Flex.  The predominant problem in the trucks is a stretched timing chain.  I had my local dealer check out what my issue is just in case I could get Ford to cover the issue since it seems to be a common issue.  The dealership says the cam phasers are stuck and will need to be replaced.  I have not had a chance to pull the engine apart but will in a couple weeks.  Has anyone else had this issue and has any of the repairs done lasted?  Seems after the timing chain has been replaced on some trucks the problem persists after a couple thousand miles.  My Flex is drivable and doesnt seem to effect performance.  The engine light is on most of the time but sometimes goes out for a day or so then comes back on.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CEL P0016

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·