Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Heated Seats Won't Turn Off

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Flex42

Flex42

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

I have a 2010 EB.

For a couple of years now, mostly in the spring but occasionally in the fall, if you turn either front seat heater on, they both go to full and can't be turned off unless you turn the vehicle off.  Sometimes they turn themselves on without pushing either button.

I suspect it is humidity related as it only seems to happen when it is cool and damp.  Once it gets below freezing the problem generally goes away.

I am now noticing that the problem is getting worse in that it will come up more frequently.

To deal with it, I have typically unplugged the module under the front passenger seat that controls the seat heaters.

Now that it is getting worse and I've plugged it back in for the winter, it is getting annoying.

It seems sometime I can hit the button once and though both lights say on, the seats are not as hot so I think they've gone on low, but not off.

I generally like to fix things myself, but since this is an intermittent problem, I thought I'd seek advice from anyone else who's had this problem and has successfully had it fixed.

#2 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 256 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

Is everything else working OK? Was anything ever spilled on the center stack? Might be the controls there in the center stack, or it could be that module under the passenger seat.

Edited by mmsstar, 14 December 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Flex42

Flex42

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

Everything else in the center stack is working properly and has never had problems.  No water damage or spills.

#4 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

The part about coming on by themselves and not going off is sounding like a problem with those controls. If you ever had a video game controller apart, the contacts in the switches in the center stack are like those. There is a rubber switch membrane with the contact tabs molded in and when you press the button it touches the contact spots on the PCB to close the circuit. Which radio do you have?

Edited by mmsstar, 15 December 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Flex42

Flex42

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

I would tend to think if it is the switches, it wouldn't be so condition sensitive.  They work 100% when below freezing and when warm, and just have a problem when it is cool and damp.

The radio the factory upgrade audio package, but not the technology package.

Looking at the factory service manual, the heat circuit switches on by grounding, so I have been thinking there is weak ground fault in the system that when damp is worse.

#6 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

Look up the wiring diagrams here.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·