Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Flexes in KC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xplorgee

xplorgee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

I have only seen 2 Flexes around KC so far. One is right down the road and I saw another one in KC, MO near Westport. My sales lady says that they are always ordering new Flexes. Where are they? I did see one driving to Springfield, MO on the way to Lamberts.

#2 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

I have only seen 2 Flexes around KC so far. One is right down the road and I saw another one in KC, MO near Westport. My sales lady says that they are always ordering new Flexes. Where are they? I did see one driving to Springfield, MO on the way to Lamberts.

They're undercover, in disguise all around you.....but one day you'll hear a scream, then you look up.....it's an XB, it's a Mini, no....it's Flex!!! :superhero: :superhero: [cue Superman music] da da da...da da da da da da da da! [/music]

#3 OFFLINE   SuperDuty

SuperDuty

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:22 AM

I've had mine since May 15th. I live in Independence. Haven't been down to Westport in it yet. I've seen two others in the area, both in Independence though.

I did manage to get my first ticket in probably 8 years yesterday on 69 Highway on the KS side. :(

#4 OFFLINE   IZZYAZ

IZZYAZ

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:39 AM

I live in central Iowa. The family and I took our new Flex to KC for a long 4th of July weekend to spend with the extended family. I have only seen a hand full of Flex's here in Iowa. I got down to KC and the first day we are there we took a tour of the Harley Davidson factory and there is a twin to our Flex there, Sterling Gray Limited. Then the next day we went out for dinner in Olathe and I look in the mirror and another Sterling Gray Limited is passing me. I also saw a couple white Limiteds and one Red with White roof Limited (very sharp color combo by the way).

We have only had the Flex about a month and 1300 miles and it still amazes me how many people stop, look, point, etc. at the Flex and how many will come up and ask questions about the Flex when you are at the gas station. Each time I filled the Flex up with gas on this trip there was at least 1 person that came up and said how much they liked the Flex and would ask a ton of questions about it.

On a side note, I am very impressed with the mpg from the Flex thus far. Driving around our small town, mostly 25-35 mph we have been getting 17-21 mpg. On our trip to KC driving at 78 mph, with only one stop 1/2 way, we averaged 24.3 mpg on the way down and 25.2 mpg on the way home. This is with only 1300 miles on the Flex. Our 2007 Ford Edge we traded made this trip a couple times a year and at best only would be in the upper 23 mpg range and that was after it was broke in. The 24.3 mpg was the trip down and driving thru KC to Olathe at 5pm on Wednesday afternoon July 1st. So a little traffic but not as bad as normal rush hour traffic.

#5 OFFLINE   xplorgee

xplorgee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

I live in central Iowa. The family and I took our new Flex to KC for a long 4th of July weekend to spend with the extended family. I have only seen a hand full of Flex's here in Iowa. I got down to KC and the first day we are there we took a tour of the Harley Davidson factory and there is a twin to our Flex there, Sterling Gray Limited. Then the next day we went out for dinner in Olathe and I look in the mirror and another Sterling Gray Limited is passing me. I also saw a couple white Limiteds and one Red with White roof Limited (very sharp color combo by the way).

We have only had the Flex about a month and 1300 miles and it still amazes me how many people stop, look, point, etc. at the Flex and how many will come up and ask questions about the Flex when you are at the gas station. Each time I filled the Flex up with gas on this trip there was at least 1 person that came up and said how much they liked the Flex and would ask a ton of questions about it.

On a side note, I am very impressed with the mpg from the Flex thus far. Driving around our small town, mostly 25-35 mph we have been getting 17-21 mpg. On our trip to KC driving at 78 mph, with only one stop 1/2 way, we averaged 24.3 mpg on the way down and 25.2 mpg on the way home. This is with only 1300 miles on the Flex. Our 2007 Ford Edge we traded made this trip a couple times a year and at best only would be in the upper 23 mpg range and that was after it was broke in. The 24.3 mpg was the trip down and driving thru KC to Olathe at 5pm on Wednesday afternoon July 1st. So a little traffic but not as bad as normal rush hour traffic.

#6 OFFLINE   xplorgee

xplorgee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

Mine is a Sterling Silver limited and I drive all around Olathe so that was probably me. I just went on a road trip to Springfield, IL. I saw a billion Edges, but not one Flex. I was there only 3 days. Every time I stoped and walked out of my car, I always got a complement and what is that question? In KC, I think I see a different one everyday. I like my silver but I saw a black limited in Overland park and it was slick. I need to pay mine down so I can get my ecoboost version with dual clutch DSG one of these days.

#7 OFFLINE   FlexEMT

FlexEMT

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

I have found the missing Flexes they are in Sedalia. When I decided to get one I saw one every so often. But it seems that when I bought mine they all just came out of the wood work but it is nice to see other people enjoying this great automobile. When Im in the city hope to see you KC people out and about mine is a 09 Limited cinnamon. :happy feet:

#8 OFFLINE   Felex

Felex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Maybe I will see you either in Sedalia or Kansas City someday. We live three miles from the Iowa/Missouri border, but make trips to those locations in our '09 red Limited Flex. Yes, the Flex is a great vehicle. Drove the '02 Windstar yesterday that I owned before the Flex and have given to my son--Wow, what a contrast. Lived in Warrensburg 30 years before retirement in 1999.

Enjoy your Flex.

#9 OFFLINE   xplorgee

xplorgee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

I traded my 09 in for an F150. I found out I was having a new baby and needed the room. While I had my truck, I was always sad I let go of my first Flex as I saw more and more around. I got my new 11 Limited just a few weeks ago and now I havent seen one since.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·