Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Thinking about buying a 2009 Ford Flex - thoughts?

2009 flex tsb issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   katytxflex

katytxflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

Hi everyone, I've been staying away from Ford products as of lately.  I had a '93 Mustang 5.0 convertible for 20 years, which ran great, with minimal issues, and racked up 200k miles on it.  Sold it for $4k, nice!.  Points for Ford.

Then I had a 2002 Ford Explorer...  If you were the unfortunate owner of one then you know why... Without repeating history, that one Ford product totally turned me off Ford products for a long time.  I'm still quite miffed with them.

However after the auto industry bailouts, a little more respect for Ford, and reviews of their product line seemed to show they were getting back on track.

Which brings me to my question - my father-in-law bought a 2009 Ford Flex new.  He's had it since, and only racked up 25k miles on it.  He's getting up in age and feels the car may be a little too big, with too many blindspots, so he's most likely going to sell it, and son-in-law is first in line.

Do you think this is going to be a money pit car I would regret owning and thus swear off Ford forever?

On the plus side, the car has been around long enough that pretty much every problem with it has been exposed and there is a TSB/fix for it.

However, some of those issues are transmission, air conditioning, and body panels parts, which tend to be big bucks $$$$ to repair, especially since the car is out of warranty.

I've been reading the forums and TSB's and trying to make an educated decision.

I'd appreciate any feedback, and hopefully the objective kind.  It's kind of like asking, "If you could do it all over again, would you buy a ...".  The whole hindsight is 20/20 thing...

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by katytxflex, 19 August 2016 - 04:10 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 278 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:54 PM

An 09 with only 25K miles is a cream puff. I would change all fluids, you didn't say whether it is AWD or FWD. If its AWD I would change the fluid in the PTU Ford says it supposed to be lifetime and there was no drain plug until 2013 but it can be changed through the fill plug.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2009, flex, tsb, issues

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·