Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Launch/Retrieve 2 SeaDoos with Flex Limited FWD

boat launch seadoo jetski ramp retrieve fwd

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brad Roekle

Brad Roekle

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

I recently purchased 2 SeaDoos. Each of them weighs 790lbs. The trailer weighs 800 lbs. Plus 125lbs of gasoline on the trailer and some life vests, etc. 
I'm guessing 2600 lbs total.

We have a 2013 Ford Flex Limited FWD which has the towing package. The brochurehttp://www.ford.com/... ... x_oct1.pdf says 4500 lbs maximum. So we're 1900 lbs less. 

I know the Flex can tow the SeaDoo's but what I'm worried about is retrieving them from the lake/river, etc. Will I have issues pulling them out of the water with the FWD? I see lots of people on different forums talking about 90's minivan's which pull 3000lb boats out of the water with no issues. 

Does anyone have any experience with a boat or SeaDoo's and going up the launch ramps? I know not all launch ramps are equal and some may not be as steep or different type of concrete, etc. But for the most part.

We also have a 2003 Expedition 5.4l RWD which we will use sometimes as well and I know that will have no issues since I've launched boats with it.

Thanks

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·