Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Splash Guards / Mud Flaps

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:44 PM

Trying to decide between the two types of OEM mudflaps "splash guards" for the Flex. Anyone have input??? One is "contoured" and the other is "flat". The contoured ones seem to be longer, but don't stick out as far to the side leaving some of the tire uncovered to throw rocks past the flap. The "flat" model appears to be shorter in length but sticks out longer to the side.

....the factory photos are not very good can anyone share experience? Install looks pretty easy.

Thanks!!

#2 OFFLINE   dmorneau

dmorneau

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

Trying to decide between the two types of OEM mudflaps "splash guards" for the Flex. Anyone have input??? One is "contoured" and the other is "flat". The contoured ones seem to be longer, but don't stick out as far to the side leaving some of the tire uncovered to throw rocks past the flap. The "flat" model appears to be shorter in length but sticks out longer to the side.

....the factory photos are not very good can anyone share experience? Install looks pretty easy.

Thanks!!

I bought the OEM molded mud flaps and they are excellent and fit good. They fit with existing screws in the wheel well, but be careful, these are actually plastic screws. They are difficult to remove.

09 FLEX LIMITED AWD
PLATINUM TRI-COAT WHITE

Edited by dmorneau, 03 April 2009 - 03:29 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   vwlfan

vwlfan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

sorry - replied the first time to the wrong post

Edited by vwlfan, 08 April 2009 - 11:23 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Ok, so I received the "Flat" splashguards today (finally). They don't look like the photo on the Ford website. They are completely flat with no holes drilled in them (suggests they are one-size fits all for several models), and the "Ford" logo is painted in silver, NOT black like on the Ford site photo. This is very dissapointing b/c the primary reason I bought these is b/c I didn't want the silver Ford letters on them, i liked the subtle raised black letters on the Ford site.

Here's what they are supposed to look like:
Posted Image

Here's what they actually look like (found this on another website):
Posted Image

So I ordered a set of the "Molded" flaps today. When they arrive I will do a side by side comparison and post pictures up here for everyone to see the difference.....they we can have a poll to vote for which one I should install.. :happy feet:

Here's the molded flaps (at least according to the Ford photo!!):

Posted Image

Edited by Nickshu, 14 April 2009 - 05:13 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

I put the molded flaps on my rig today... they are what you want....

#6 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

Here's what they are supposed to look like:
Posted Image

Here's what they actually look like (found this on another website):
Posted Image

Here's the molded flaps (at least according to the Ford photo!!):

Posted Image

Honestly, to me it almost looks as if what you currently have are actually the molded flaps (at least they look very similar), rather than the splash guards that you wanted.

I don't know though.

#7 OFFLINE   Shepski

Shepski

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

I have the short ones and they are working very well. I like the fact they provide more coverage on the side and I wanted mud flaps that were as inconspicuous as possible. I think they sent you the wrong ones.

#8 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:47 AM

I have the short ones and they are working very well. I like the fact they provide more coverage on the side and I wanted mud flaps that were as inconspicuous as possible. I think they sent you the wrong ones.

So your's look like this??: Posted Image

I agree, I picked them b/c they look more conspicuous. I will call the supplier today and see what they say.

#9 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

I talked to the guys at Conquest auto today. After discussing it and doing some research it appears that every website had the two photos swapped. The Ford OEM accessories site switched the photos, then all the aftermarket suppliers did the same.

It appears the "short" ones with the black embossed "ford" logo are actually the Molded model and the flat are the ones with the Silver ford lettering. What a pain this has been!!!

So these are advertized as the "flat" model, but are actually the molded:
Posted Image

Since everyone here appears to have the "Molded" mudflaps, can you verify that yours look like the ones picture above????

#10 OFFLINE   Shepski

Shepski

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

So your's look like this??: Posted Image

I agree, I picked them b/c they look more conspicuous. I will call the supplier today and see what they say.

That's what mine look like.

#11 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:19 AM

I rec'd my replacement mudflaps yesterday. I can confirm now that Ford and most other suppliers have the photos switched on their websites. The molded flaps are the short ones without the silver lettering. They look very nice and I am quite pleased with them. B) Thanks all.

#12 OFFLINE   white08gt

white08gt

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

anyone have the correct part# from ford both sets show to be molded. one is just longer looking at schematic at parts. help

#13 OFFLINE   kdognc

kdognc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

hey now, i have just bought a white suede SEL and would like the molded flaps, but i think i would like to have them painted the same color as the vehicle... 2 questions to ask.
1) has anybody done this, or did everybody keep them black?
2) part number's, any help with these and where is the best place to order them??

Thanks in advance with any assisstance, and thanks for the forums here, .
Cheers from NC,
Kelly

#14 OFFLINE   flexibility

flexibility

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:07 AM

hey now, i have just bought a white suede SEL and would like the molded flaps, but i think i would like to have them painted the same color as the vehicle... 2 questions to ask.
1) has anybody done this, or did everybody keep them black?
2) part number's, any help with these and where is the best place to order them??

Thanks in advance with any assisstance, and thanks for the forums here, .
Cheers from NC,
Kelly

Here's a link to an unpainted molded flap on my Flex.
Molded Flap on my Flex
I ordered it from http://partscheap.com

#15 OFFLINE   Gumby

Gumby

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:38 AM

Here's a link to an unpainted molded flap on my Flex.
Molded Flap on my Flex
I ordered it from http://partscheap.com

I just want to be sure on this issue as I am about to pull the trigger on a set of MOULDED guards. I called my dealer and he quoted me a price of $70.00 for the front pair and $105.00 for the rear (CDN$). I see from this link http://www.partschea...z-16a550-aa.htm that both are about 38 bucks (USd), now with the exchange and shipping as well as border fees, I am probably still cheaper. BUT I want to make sure that the dealer has the same set as what is offered here.

Can anyone confirm that these moulded flaps on the site are what FORD OEM offers as well?

Edited by Gumby, 28 January 2010 - 05:39 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   kermit

kermit

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

i like the molded one , thats what i got

#17 OFFLINE   Flagstaff

Flagstaff

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

But the catalog specifies that the molded flaps are for the front ONLY. True or not?

#18 OFFLINE   Gumby

Gumby

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

But the catalog specifies that the molded flaps are for the front ONLY. True or not?

I don't think there is a set of moulded flaps for the Ecoboosts yet...that's likely why.

#19 OFFLINE   kermit

kermit

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

i bought the molded ones and painted them same color! and i think i paid like 50 bucks for all four

#20 OFFLINE   Flagstaff

Flagstaff

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

I don't think there is a set of moulded flaps for the Ecoboosts yet...that's likely why.

Mine is a 2009, so that's not a consideration. :)

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·