Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

All Weather Floor Mats

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

Who has all weather floor mats? Which ones should I get....OEM, Weather tech, others???? If you have the OEM rubber mats, is the driver's a full size mat or a tiny heel mat like the factory cloth mat?? Looking for maximum carpet coverage.

Thanks!!

#2 OFFLINE   NOBLEwolf

NOBLEwolf

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

Who has all weather floor mats? Which ones should I get....OEM, Weather tech, others???? If you have the OEM rubber mats, is the driver's a full size mat or a tiny heel mat like the factory cloth mat?? Looking for maximum carpet coverage.

Thanks!!

...the FORD mats are not very good - they don't cover very well in the driver's well (don't come up the ' ridges') - too flat a design, might be ok for non-snow areas, but not if u drive in ' snow ' climate areas - in the 2nd row - the mats only cover the ' foot print ' portion, they don't cover / go over the hump....have spoken to Weather Tech, they will have a ' Floorliner design Series ' in spring / summer of 2009 - also if u are thinking of side window visors, the Weather Tech style snap into place instead of some which u have got to use two sided tape to adhere them into place, not a ' clean ' look IMO - GOOD LUCK, enjoy your FLEX

#3 OFFLINE   03sonicstang

03sonicstang

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

Thanks!!

I have the Ford All Weather mats and like them; but would agree the drivers side needs to be larger. In thinking about it really if they did make the mat bigger I personally think it would look out of place, IMHO. As for the second row I would hate something over the "lump". My kids know to keep there little feet on the mat and not jump all over the car.

Edited by 03sonicstang, 02 April 2009 - 06:54 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! One point of clarification about the factory rubber mats....does the driver's side at least extend up under the pedals??? The factory cloth mat is pathetic...just covers the area where your heels go. Looks like a rear-seat mat (square).

#5 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! One point of clarification about the factory rubber mats....does the driver's side at least extend up under the pedals??? The factory cloth mat is pathetic...just covers the area where your heels go. Looks like a rear-seat mat (square).

I can't remeber right now, but I don't know if it covers all the area under the pedals, I'll look tomorrow and let you know.

#6 OFFLINE   vwlfan

vwlfan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

I purchased a front pair of the WeatherTech Floorliner Digital Fit liners about a month ago. These liners fit the Flex front well areas like a glove. I put the WeatherTech liners down first and then put the factory Ford all weather mats inside of them. The combination of both mats provides great protection.

#7 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

Ok, so I can tell you DO NOT buy the Weathertech rubber mats. I purchased these on their website (they say they are custom for the Flex). I got them today and they absolutely do not fit. I called Weathertech and the CS person basically told me they were shipping the TaurusX mats for the Flex b/c they thought they were similar enough....Not a chance, they are WAY different. Apparently they have not sold any Flex mats, so I was the first one to call and complain. Hopefully they will take these off the market for the Flex.

Anyhow I don't want the Digital fit plastic mats so it looks like I'll order the Ford OEM rubber mats as these seem like the best of the limited options currently available. I tried the Weathertech rubber mats b/c posts above about the Ford mats being not too great in the coverage department. I guess we'll compromise until something better comes along.

Edited by Nickshu, 08 April 2009 - 05:00 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   vwlfan

vwlfan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

I agree on the WeatherTech rubber mats - I tried them first but they fit poorly - which now makes sense if they used the Tarus X mats.

Although they are the hard plastic the WeatherTech digital floor liners I recieved from WeatherTech fit my Flex perfectly and cover all the factory floor carpeting other than the left foot rest.

Edited by vwlfan, 09 April 2009 - 07:10 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   mso2jet

mso2jet

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

I called Weathertech Canada today, and they told me that the digitalfit mats would not be available in Canada for another 3-5 weeks, seems they get released in the USA first. They only have the front and third row mats, and depending on the color, are back ordered and will take about 2-3 weeks to arrive. The second row mats wil not be available until mid June, (Canada).

#10 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

I called Weathertech Canada today, and they told me that the digitalfit mats would not be available in Canada for another 3-5 weeks, seems they get released in the USA first. They only have the front and third row mats, and depending on the color, are back ordered and will take about 2-3 weeks to arrive. The second row mats wil not be available until mid June, (Canada).

That's interesting b/c Weathertech USA told me third row mats are not available. I agree with the above post that the best option for maximum protection appears to be installing the digital fit mats from Weathertech and placing OEM Ford allweather mats over the top.

#11 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

I recieved the OEM floormats from Ford today. They are very nice, especially the 2nd rowmats, much longer/larger than the original carpet mats. The driver's mat is not much bigger than the original carpet mat, however. I wish this one was bigger. Aside from the driver's mat they are very nice.

What I'll probably do is get the Weathertech digital fit mats for the front and then install them underneath the Ford OEM rubber mats.

The third row mat from Ford is on national backorder. Apparently Ford switched manufacturers of these mats and they are behind on filling orders..... :rolleyes:

#12 OFFLINE   vwlfan

vwlfan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

Nickshu,

I ordered the factory 3rd row all weather mat late last year but sent it back.

The mat is very nice but the mat is also very think (similar to the front and second row mats).

I found using the factory 3rd row mat interfered with the operation of the electric 2nd row fold forward feature and then also made it difficult to latch the 2nd row seats when returning them to their normal position.

#13 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

Nickshu,

I ordered the factory 3rd row all weather mat late last year but sent it back.

The mat is very nice but the mat is also very think (similar to the front and second row mats).

I found using the factory 3rd row mat interfered with the operation of the electric 2nd row fold forward feature and then also made it difficult to latch the 2nd row seats when returning them to their normal position.

Hmm...that's good info, thank you! I have the 40/40 rear autofold seats so this will apply to me too. Have you tried the 3rd row digital fit mat from Weathertech??? Was thinking of this one as an alternative.

#14 OFFLINE   vwlfan

vwlfan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

I have not tried the WeatherTech Digital fit for the third row yet. If they are typical digitial fit mats they will be of the hard plastic nature and most likely be thinner. The outside edge lip would be the only part of the digital fit mat that might create and issue.

I could not find a custom all weather mat that did not extend under the 2nd row bucket seats. I ended up buying a thin piece of wool berber carpet which I cut to fit the 3rd row and then had the edges bound. I was able to cut the carpet to not only cover the third row and under the 2nd row seats, but I also cut the carpet to go up the third row seat platform and stop slightly under the third row seats. This protects the factory carpet from everyones heals which rest upon the third row backstop as a result of the Flex design. I then bought a standard rectangular all weather mat and placed this over the carpet. Protects the third row area well and no problems with the fold seats at all.

#15 OFFLINE   mso2jet

mso2jet

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

Recieved yesterday the ordered WeatherTech DigitalFit mats for the front and 3rd row. The front mats fit well, and being black on black carpeting, you can hardly notice them. The 3rd row mats fit partially under the second row 60/40 bench seat to cover the carpet when people are getting in and out. Now just have to wait for the 2nd row mats to be produced.

Edited by mso2jet, 24 April 2009 - 08:53 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Recieved yesterday the ordered WeatherTech DigitalFit mats for the front and 3rd row. The front mats fit well, and being black on black carpeting, you can hardly notice them. The 3rd row mats fit partially under the second row 60/40 bench seat to cover the carpet when people are getting in and out. Now just have to wait for the 2nd row mats to be produced.

Cool, I ordered a set two days ago. I appears they have not been shipped yet.....how long did yours take to ship out???

#17 OFFLINE   jrmgkia

jrmgkia

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

Reposted from the other Ford Flex forums, "Weathertech Digital Fit are the best floor mats on the market (but they are pricey). The DigitalFit line are their best floor mats but currently they only make 1st and 3rd rows. I broke down and replaced the Ford All Weather mats with Weathertech mats. They are WAY better quality and they offer a lot more coverage. I took pictures of both the Weathertech and Ford rubber all weather floor mats (1st, 2nd, 3rd row, and cargo mat) in my Flex, pictures are posted to my website at: [url="http://jasonandginny.com/OurWebsite/Cars.html""]http://jasonandginny.com/OurWebsite/Cars.html"[/url]

#18 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Reposted from the other Ford Flex forums, "Weathertech Digital Fit are the best floor mats on the market (but they are pricey). The DigitalFit line are their best floor mats but currently they only make 1st and 3rd rows. I broke down and replaced the Ford All Weather mats with Weathertech mats. They are WAY better quality and they offer a lot more coverage. I took pictures of both the Weathertech and Ford rubber all weather floor mats (1st, 2nd, 3rd row, and cargo mat) in my Flex, pictures are posted to my website at: [url="http://jasonandginny.com/OurWebsite/Cars.html""]http://jasonandginny.com/OurWebsite/Cars.html"[/url]

Weathertech says that within the month their 2nd-row Digital fit for the Flex will be available. See email I rec'd from Weathertech below:

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

We're working on the 2nd row FloorLiner for the 09 Flex, and it should be available within about a month.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at 1.800.441.6287.

Best regards,

Sam
MacNeil Automotive
sales@macneil.com

#19 OFFLINE   Shepski

Shepski

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

I just had the Husky Weather beater custom Flex 1st and 2nd row mats delivered and they fit beautifully. The driver side mat goes well up under the gas and brake pedals and covers the footrest. The 2nd row is one continuous mat which covers the hump. They all have nice deep sides to contain any water. I'm really impressed with them! I'll post some pics later.

Here are the pics...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers

Edited by Shepski, 08 May 2009 - 01:04 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   Shepski

Shepski

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:41 AM

Here's where I got them: http://www.premiermo...ml?p_catid=2427

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·