Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PSuarez

PSuarez

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

I have a 2009 Ford Flex. I've had issues with the hard bumping of the transmission about 6 months after we purchased my car. We originally purchased it in Sunrise, Florida. We purchased that car in 2009. Needless to say the car is 6 years old. It already has 120k miles. When we first noticed the bumping of shift changes I took it to the Ford dealer several times. They would keep it for a day and say they couldn't find what the issue was. When we moved to NJ around 2011, I took it to the dealer because the jerking on the shifts still happened and suddenly the car would loose power and entirely shut off. While in Florida, I thought about applying for the lemon law and sent everything in; however after moving I didn't follow up with it.

Now it is 2016 and my Flex has major issues with the transmission. It's stops shifting and the jerking makes the car undrivable. I'm highly disappointed in Ford as this is our 4th suv. No one was ever able to determine what in the world provokes this vehicle to jerk the way it does when driving or stopping and what causes the power to entirely shut down. I've read many forums that people have complained about the same issue. I think I'm able to prove that this car has had issues from the beginning with the constant jerking. The several dealers I took the car to were never able to determine the cause of the problem. I'd like to know how many people have had this same issue with the 2009 Ford Flex to begin a petition. Even though it's been several years, I know I'm not the only person that experiences this with the 2009 Ford Flex.

#2 OFFLINE   Loso1623

Loso1623

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex 2009

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

I have the same issues with the jerking problem . At one point it was getting stuck on first gear.
I took the car to have a refurbished transmission put on just because of the cost and my warranty covered it. At first when I put the car on reverse it definitely slips and now few months after the car jerks while driving between 1st and 3rd gear.

#3 OFFLINE   Tennessee Flexin'

Tennessee Flexin'

Flexappeal

• Ford Flex Members
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2009 LTD and 2017 SEL

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:38 AM

I'm pretty sure there is a computer related tbo with that year, I have had the same problem.  A no charge dealer visit fixed it for me.  Good luck with it.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2009 Flex, 2009 Ford Flex, 2009 Flex Transmission, Transmission Issues, Flex Transmission 2009, Flex Power Issue, 09 Flex, Transmission Issues Flex, Ford Flex

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·