Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Show Car Finish!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   matslapper

matslapper

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

I have to say, that the Zaino Bros show car finish is well worth the effort/money. I just spent 5 hours stripping the factory finish, claying the rail dust (not a real rpoblem but did do it just as a precaution), washed with Z-7 wash, hand applied and hand buffed off the accelerated Z-2, and finished it off with the Z-6 gloss enhancer. I think my right arm is now longer and will be stronger than the left one. No I'm not in anyway associated with the company but have used them on all my cars worthy of the tender loving care they desevre.(I think I literally washed my '02 Windstar only 10 times in 5 years!) My "01 Sport Trac last received the Zaino treatment and that deep wet look, was the shizit! Anybody gun shy on pulling the $86 dollar trigger, I'll tell you to do it. I'll post some pix soon.

#2 OFFLINE   fl_gators

fl_gators

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

I have to say, that the Zaino Bros show car finish is well worth the effort/money. I just spent 5 hours stripping the factory finish, claying the rail dust (not a real rpoblem but did do it just as a precaution), washed with Z-7 wash, hand applied and hand buffed off the accelerated Z-2, and finished it off with the Z-6 gloss enhancer. I think my right arm is now longer and will be stronger than the left one. No I'm not in anyway associated with the company but have used them on all my cars worthy of the tender loving care they desevre.(I think I literally washed my '02 Windstar only 10 times in 5 years!) My "01 Sport Trac last received the Zaino treatment and that deep wet look, was the shizit! Anybody gun shy on pulling the $86 dollar trigger, I'll tell you to do it. I'll post some pix soon.

Where's the pics man? hahahahahaha

I love using the clay bar. Gives you that baby smooth finish. I've always used Meguires products. Would love to see the Zaino shine. Post it up!

#3 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

If you don't mind paying for Zaino products you really need to pony up and get a Porter Cable 7424 random orbit polisher. I was an old school hand rub guy myself for many years, but in all honesty, you simply can not produce what the 7424 can with your own hands.... The Meguiers System 3 is actually an excellent product at a low price for many, but I'm using Collinite (www.collinite.com) and 3M products these days... all excellent....

#4 OFFLINE   bigbird

bigbird

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

Okay! We are still waiting for your PICS! :happy feet:

#5 OFFLINE   there4igraham

there4igraham

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

So when are you coming over to do mine?

#6 OFFLINE   matslapper

matslapper

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

Well....If you can make it over my way...we can talk, but seriously. here are some photos taken out and about on the battlefield,Gettysburg that is!
Enjoy.
T

Attached Files

#7 OFFLINE   there4igraham

there4igraham

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

I'll bet a baby would slide right off that hood.

#8 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

I'll bet a baby would slide right off that hood.

Well, depending on your definition of "baby," I wouldn't suggest putting one on the hood to test that theory.

#9 OFFLINE   there4igraham

there4igraham

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

Bald, diapers, drool... No, not Grandpa!

#10 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

Bald, diapers, drool... No, not Grandpa!

:lol:

I know what you meant.....still wouldn't recommend trying, though...

#11 OFFLINE   matslapper

matslapper

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

:dance: The baby would make it down to the front of the Bug deflector! It is cool watching the rain "race" off the hood in a storm!
T

#12 OFFLINE   FEDup

FEDup

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:10 AM

I always use "Honda Original" spray polish, on EVERYTHING. Paint,tires, dash, glass , rubber and everything else but the cloth interior. Go to your local motorcycle shop and get "The Original" Honda Polish. You will NEVER use anything again. Really. It's a trade secret.

#13 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

+1bagazillion on Zaino. You dont need a power buffer to use it, you wipe it on and wipe it off, no polishing like you need to do with wax systems. It's the prep work that wears you down. The finish is only as good as the prep no matter what you use. Last September I bought a 2010 Fusion Sport and put 4 coats of Z2, with Z6 in between finished off with Z8. It shone like a mirror.Attached File  Fusion-Side2.jpg   450.9KB   27 downloads

Now here is the best part, I don't need to touch it, ever again if I don't want to. It doesn't fade, or deteriorate like wax does, and a quick wipe down of Z6 or Z8 is all that is needed to keep up the shine, BUT the more coats you apply, the deeper the gloss.

Edited by ACDII, 14 February 2010 - 02:07 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   LLP

LLP

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

Has anyone used the FW1 waterless stuff from RGOlabs? I got 2 cans for a donation to DARE at a gas station, and don't want to use it on my car unless I know it's harmless. Mine is a "light ice blue" '09.

Edited by LLP, 04 June 2010 - 01:41 PM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·