Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Shutter, surge and cruise kicks off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ian Rothbauer

Ian Rothbauer

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

Hey y'all,

I recently went on a road trip and while running under cruise you can feel the car surge when resuming cruise control under acceleration. The flex also kicked off cruise for no reason a couple times. It would stutter then slow. No lights flashing on dash or anything. The crank was cracked last year and the short block was replaced but now I have this issue. Possibly related? Ideas?

#2 OFFLINE   RandR10

RandR10

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex Ecoboost

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:55 AM

This may be a dead thread, but I had a problem with my old truck that was similar and it turned out to be that the brakes were hanging up in the rear.  The engine would require extreme throttle inputs just to maintain highway cruising speed and the cruise control would kick off because it's programmed to do so under heavy throttle on that vehicle.  I'm wondering if you have a transmission issue, because I think under load these are supposed to kick down a gear to maintain speed under heavy load like on a hill.  That may explain both the shudder (too low rpm in that high gear under load) and the cruise kicking off (won't downshift).  What year is your car?  Apparently some early models had issues with the rear calipers hanging up.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·