Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Road trips

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dohrmc

Dohrmc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 33 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Flex

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

I drove the heavily loaded Flex from the Atlanta area to Muncie Indiana and back recently. Then drove it to the Florida Gulf Coast. On the Muncie trip, it also had a 1980 Honda 110 Trail bike on the back.
Muncie trip was mostly at the speed limit +\-10 mph, but had times when I could go quite fast. A fair amount of stop and go in the Muncie area.
Average mpg upon return was 19.9.
Not bad at all, and lots better than the old Expedition.

Very comfortable seating made the trip nice, and the satellite radio is a must for the long stretches of sparseness on I75, and the Indiana country side.

The gas tank could be a little bigger, but close enough. More attention has to be paid to packing, as it is much smaller inside.
We made it to the Gulf in two cars loaded to the gills, same results. Carried my kayak with me on this trip, but the gas mileage was about the same. Close enough anyway. I really, really like this car.

Attached Files

• GrySql likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·