By dumping a feature closely associated with minivans, Ford Motor Co. found a way to make the 2009 Ford Flex more appealing to customers who need room for a family but don't want the minivan stigma.
The pivotal moment in the Flex's development came, Ford design chief J Mays said, when he and his North American lieutenant, Peter Horbury, convinced the rest of the organization that rear sliding doors cost too much.
Even though the Fairlane concept that inspired the Flex had suicide doors, the production vehicle was being planned with rear sliders.
| READ MORE HERE |
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Ford gives up sliding doors for Flex
No replies to this topic