Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2010 Ford Flex A/C Woes

A/C cold on startup then stop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   riskadverse

riskadverse

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2010 flex

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

HI ..ric here....

I have a 2010 ford flex with regular air,  not dual climate control. For last few weeks a/c blows cold at idle..but as soon as we go into the texas sun..and ambient temperature rises..ac does not blow cold.

I have done the following:

Purged old freon. Applied negative suction to -5 psi for 20 minutes,..recharged with 134a and noted low side at 50 when ambient temperature at  90 degrees outside.

I changed  out the evaporator ambient air temp sensor ..a new black one..and this did not correct the problem. Both a/c and coolant fans running upon turning a/c on. I now see where there is a pcm reprogram release ids 56.12 or higher.

Is there something else that causes the air to not work efficiently and is causing it to be highly variable  in its reliabilty a few minutes after startup ,..it almost feels like a vacuum cutout of the air as was common on vehicles when in passing or kickdown mode....any iedas after all these things have already  been done? is there a thermal expansion valve or some other sensor that  i should know about?

thanks ric

#2 OFFLINE   riskadverse

riskadverse

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:37 AM

Hi forum,

Well i found the fix to my own problem.

I figured that since the PCM computer is monitoring all these automotive systems...I decided to just purge the freon down to 44 ....and voila..I have had not intermittent A/C problems at near 100 degrees outdoor temperatures...so I guess even the cheapo A/c refrigerant bottles thay come with a gauge ....are accurate when they depict 45 as being upper greenzone or upper limits of charge......

Thanks for allowing me to post. I hope others will find this useful. thanks..ric

• mmsstar likes this

#3 OFFLINE   riskadverse

riskadverse

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

BTW, I used professional gauge set and fittings to apply suction and to refill. I just mention the 30 dollar refill bottles with gauges in case there is a do it yourselfer out there without proper equipment. But..it will require a suction device available on internet that acts as standalone suction device using ac current or a suction device that is inexpensive using compressed air from your compressor to create a vacuum..these are commonly available at your big online home delivery discounters....ric

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·