Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

flex limited 20" wheels tires not lasting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mindy

mindy

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 ford flex

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:42 AM

I've owned a 2012 flex for over 3 years now. The hancook stock tires didn't last but 16,000 miles. I bought new Michelin tires 16 months ago. They have around 17,000 miles on them now.I was told yesterday by Ford and tire place that they'll need replaced soon. I can't afford new tires every year. Anyone else having this issue and what can we do to fix it? Anyone tried smaller rims and better tires? I love my car and don't want to trade it in. Just need a solution. I had the alignment checked and it's fine. It's usually just the front ones that wear our quicker. And yes we rotate every 5,000 miles. Thanks!

#2 OFFLINE   SgtSteve

SgtSteve

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex Limited

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:41 AM

I can't say that I've heard of that problem before. You didn't state if your Flex is AWD or not. Either way, I find it puzzling that when you do the tire rotations you don't notice difference in wear between front/back? Are you saying all 4 tires are wore out already or just 2?

#3 OFFLINE   scotty5484

scotty5484

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost, 2011 Camaro SS/RS conv. and 2002 Ford Ranger Edge

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

I got 55,000 miles out of my original set of Goodyear RSAs and liked them so much I bought them again. I have the EB AWD and rotate the tires every 5,000 miles.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·