Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Illuminated Door Sills Light Up Blue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 260 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

Want your illuminated door sills to light up blue like in the ads?

You need 2 LW-B-12VDC LEDs from Superbright LEDs at superbrightleds.com $2.99 ea. and $2.99 shipping.

They will fit fiberoptic connectors same as the stock white LEDs. Just cut the white ones off and solder the blue ones on. Simple red wire to red wire & black wire to black wire connections.

Stay tuned for the next exciting adventure which will be tying the illuminated door sills into the ambient lighting and have them match the colors. B)

Attached Files

Edited by mmsstar, 18 July 2015 - 06:52 AM.

• GrySql likes this

#2 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

That looks great, pretty clever!  Don't ya love things that are cheap and work well.

#3 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:06 AM

Want your illuminated door sills to light up blue like in the ads?

You need 2 LW-B-12VDC LEDs from Superbright LEDs at superbrightleds.com $2.99 ea. and $2.99 shipping.

They will fit fiberoptic commectors same as the stock white LEDs. Just cut the white ones off and solder the blue ones on. Simple red wire to red wire & black wire to black wire connections.

Stay tuned for the next exciting adventure which will be tying the illuminated door sills into the ambient lighting and have them match the colors. B)

Looks sweet. We did this at Shelby on the GT350s and GT500s.

#4 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

This was easy! I have decided to build 12vdc RGB LEDs and tie the sills into the ambient lighting system. Then wire the ambient lighting system to a relay to switch power to the interior lighting circuit when the door is opened. That is going to be a bit more difficult and since I have an SE I have to add the ambient lighting as well as the illuminated door sills.

#5 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

This was easy! I have decided to build 12vdc RGB LEDs and tie the sills into the ambient lighting system. Then wire the ambient lighting system to a relay to switch power to the interior lighting circuit when the door is opened. That is going to be a bit more difficult and since I have an SE I have to add the ambient lighting as well as the illuminated door sills.

I would have thought that just having it tied to the door opening and closing would have been okay.  But I'm not very electrically oriented, too much smoke.

#6 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

Well the project is finished and now the doorsills light up in the same colors as the ambient lighting.

• robertlane and GrySql like this

#7 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

Well the project is finished and now the doorsills light up in the same colors as the ambient lighting.

Neat snipit of what the colors look like.  I don't think people get how cool this is until the actually see it.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·