Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Added factory hitch but lights to trl don't wkrk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Christian Vargas

Christian Vargas

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

first thank you to the members of this forum I use it often and have gotten great information from it.

I have a 2013 flex se with back up sensors, this did not have the tow installed. I got the Ford hitch and wire harness DA8Z-15K868-H, this took the place of the stock one, has the sensor plugs, license light, and added a 4way and 7 way plug. But when hooked up to trl, no lights. I've seen mention on this forum that some work just like that and that some need additional wiring? I'm not towing anything heavy, just a small utility trl, don't need brakes or a cooler, can anyone help me with some clues of how to fix? Did I get the wrong wire harness? Need extra fuses somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

#2 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hi, if your Flex did not have the Tow Package the necessary fuses may not be installed in the engine compartment.

Take a look at your Owner's Manual for the Fuse boxes and compare what is in those to what the the Trailer Towing (TT) fuse slots hold.

You may need to buy and install a power feed from up front to the rear of the car, those are sold by eTrailer and the like online.

In addition some clever folks have pulled power from the rear of the car, like the installer that did mine.

I had mine done because that type thing is outside my comfort zone.

#3 OFFLINE   Christian Vargas

Christian Vargas

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the idea, I will look at the fuses and manual. If I would have known that I would have saved the 40 bucks for the harness, just installed the hitch and got an aftermarket wire kit and spliced in from the tail lights.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·