Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Need Advice on Tires for Flex 2014

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jennifer Cassar

Jennifer Cassar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

I have a 2014 Flex with 41,000 miles and I need to change my tires due to an alignment issue with uneven wear. I currently have Hankook Optimo. My Ford dealership offers Goodyear or Hankook. I want to know your opinion. As for weather, snow, ice not an issue.

Thanks!

#2 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

More info on your Flex will help, is it AWD, EcoBoost, tire/wheel size, etc.

If you liked what was on the Flex, that may be something to think about. :)

#3 OFFLINE   swt

swt

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:flex

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

I have 2009 Flex limited AWD.    3 tire sets so far.       1st:    OEM Hankook -Optima:    30K miles;   Dry:  good performance  Wet:  Avg   performance   Snow:  poor     Noise:  good       Cornering/handling: avg  Ride: good.   Would not try them again.

2nd:    Pirelli Scorpion Verde (Lt truck load rated)     30K miles;   Dry;  excellent       Wet:  excellent.  Snow:  Good.    Noise: poor     Corner/Handling;  very good.    Ride:  below avg (stiff/firm due to truck rating)   Better tire but noisy and harsh/stiff ride.  wouldn;t buy.

3rd:   Goodyear assurance triple tread .  looks like another 30K tire.    Dry:  excellent   Wet:  poor (hydroplane)  Snow:  very poor, almost scary, like snow hydroplanning;   Handling; excellent dry,   Ride:  excellent,    Noise:  good,   Best of 3 tires dry road,  worst on wet and snow/ice (I need to get them off for the winter, that bad);  yet on my old 2002 merc sable  and my Dad;s 2009 Fusion these tires are excellent all the way around?  

So;  I need a set again  maybe Michelin ???   anyone have any idea';s for good wet road and snow/ice  All Season on a Flex??  The Pirelli above was great for winter, but noisy and harsh on bumps.        one thing I see is ,  don;t expect more than 30K  on any tires on a flex,  it is a heavy vehicle.  I rotate every other oil change at 5K intervals,  when I was commuting (Hwy miles)    I did 7,500 oil and tire rotation.   I rotate on this vehicle because front tire wear, although even,  is faster than the rear.    

#4 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 271 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

My '11 SE FWD just turned 100K, on the 2nd set of the Hankook Optimos. First set went just over 50K, Second set will do a little better.

Edited by mmsstar, 02 January 2016 - 03:52 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   nocody

nocody

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Flex

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:18 AM

Michelin is a decent tire yet a bit pricey.

#6 OFFLINE   SHARONE

SHARONE

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:55 AM

What happen to the price of tires it has gone through the roof seems I can't get out with out spending at least 1000

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·