Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Dash Cover/Mat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ToyKalibur

ToyKalibur

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex Limited

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

Yes I am new and so is our Flex. :)

I have recently installed a dual dash cam setup on our Flex and after reviewing the footage have come to realize that there can be some dash glare coming from the windshield. If anyone has installed a dash cam on these, you will find out quickly that they must be mounted high in order to see over the hood. My solution is a darker dash cover to calm the reflective glare. 

This is a Limited model. I need a cut out for the speaker. The dash cover is pretty basic if you ask me but hardly anyone who sells these are showing pictures of them installed on the correct model.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:06 PM

Hi,
I recently bought a dash cam and have it sitting on the dashboard because the windshield is tinted, can't hang it.
You're right, viz is limited over the hood and I'm looking for a solution. The Air Blue tint helps with the glare though.

#3 OFFLINE   ToyKalibur

ToyKalibur

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex Limited

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

I'll have to take a picture of it but my lens comes down just below the tint line. Looking at it from the front, you really have to look to see it mounted on the glass. The picture is great but I'm kind of amazed at the glare. LOL I will be looking into this and hope to post what I find to help others out. :)

#4 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:30 AM

Yes, please post pictures of your setup, more and more people are getting dash cams and any help you have is welcome.

Mine actually sits on the dashboard because the tint film won't hold the suction cup camera mount. 

Can't use a suction mount on the windshield at all.

What camera do you have? I have this one and it works very well with my 64GB SD Card. 

These is no battery in it so it can withstand high/low ambient temperatures.

I build a little non-skid box out of foam that the cam sits in to hold it in place, it's black to match the dash.

It's easy to unplug the power and put it out of sight when parked.  Not the best solution but it works for now, until I get a better idea.

#5 OFFLINE   FastFlex7

FastFlex7

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Flex w/Ecoboost

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:47 AM

When I bought our Flex, this glare on the dash panel also appeared quite irritating for me. So I thought of installing a dash mat. I reviewed plenty of different materials and patterns, and stopped on the one by Coverking (and price seems reasonable). plus, it is made for a specifc vehicle app, so all the cutouts and curves are already there. I chose gray color, not to disturb from driving. However, after certain interior pieces were damaged after a collision and we decided to restore it, we again raised the question of getting the dash cover or something, since ours was badly damaged. So we decided not to order the plastic piece from ford not to deal with hiding that glare, and instead ordered a kit (https://www.carid.com/dashboard-covers/) which included a dashboard panel and a couple of other plastic inserts for the interior. And I must say, even though this is an aftermarket piece, to me the plastic is way better, than the one I had from the factory. 

Edited by FastFlex7, 17 January 2017 - 02:27 AM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·