Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Sync v4.4 is available for Flex

v4.4 Sync v4.4

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

I was looking on the new Ford Owners website and under Sync Services it said my non-Navigation equipped 2011 Flex had a new Sync update, v4.4. 

I dumped it to a USB stick and tried following Ford's instructions, they were not very close to actual.  Nevertheless, I was able to fumble my way through and finally got the update installed.  
One thing to remember if you try this is that there are time gaps when things appear frozen, you have to wait for those to catch up, then the next procedure will start.

I went back to the FO website to validate the install from the USB stick, the website uploaded an .xml file from the USB stick and said it was done.
I had to re-pair my bluetooth iPhone.

You can also validate what Sync version the car has by running a Vehicle Health Report (VHR).
==
Sync v4/4:

DR3T-14D544-AF
Bluetooth© Connectivity Improvements:
Enhanced Bluetooth phone connection stability
Enabled track information to be displayed for Bluetooth-streamed media including metadata such as song title, artist name and album title
More robust Message Access Profile (MAP) functionality to handle SMS reception and Text2Speach output
Media Connectivity Improvements:
Improved media connectivity for USB-equipped Apple devices, as well as streamlined device initialization and authentication process
Previous USB or Bluetooth media source playback now resumed after ignition cycle

Edited by GrySql, 15 May 2015 - 05:54 PM.

• kevken likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·