Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Great Floor Mats Already Available for FLEX!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bhinkston

bhinkston

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

I should say up-front that I am not an employee of Husky Liners or their affiliates or have any other motivation other than sharing some insight with fellow FLEX owners.

I live in Denver, CO and our kids are on ski-team in Summit County. We travel every weekend up to the mountains. The weather can be snowy and it is typically muddy. We throw all our wet skis, boots and clothes in the back, and the kids get in back seats and don't really pay attention to the snow/mud they drag in the car (imagine that?)! We have a STONE INTERIOR (I think) which is a light gray, and highly succeptible to showing any dirt. (Maybe a bad choice on my part... after the fact)

I found some precision, custom molded floor LINERS (not really a mat) for the FLEX floor which fit like a glove! They are Husky Liners Weatherbeater Floor Liner. (http://www.huskyline...therbeater.html). They also have a floor liner for the back cargo area for when the third row seats are folded down and also a floor liner for the deep cargo area when the third row seat is up.

The driver/passenger floor liners cover up just about all the visible carpet around your feet, much better than your basic floor mat. The second row seating is a single piece which covers up the "hump" in the middle, which is great. However, I wish the floor liner would extend just a little further to the door threshold covering the two inches of carpet in-between, the kids tend to drag their feet. We have the 40/40 seating with a refridgerator.

They don't sell them directly, they use online retailers. I found that Auto Anything (http://www.autoanything.com/) has all the floor liners in stock, and have pretty good shipping and discounts.

I have had these in my Ford Expedition for nearly 10 years, and they've held up great! My carpet still looks like new.

AGAIN, I am NOT an employee of Husky Liners or AutoAnything!

Have fun!

-B

#2 OFFLINE   xplorgee

xplorgee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

I had some Weathertechs and they fit like a glove for sure. I looked at the ones for the Flex and they only have fronts and 3rd rows but no second row. I also saw some mats for the back when the 3rd is folded down but folds when the 3rd seats are up. Any body seen this, I forgot the website.

#3 OFFLINE   Mr_Dove

Mr_Dove

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:46 AM

I'm also in Denver. Seems that there are several Denver flex owners on these forums. I have 3 little boys (a 4th on the way soon). We have black carpet but it is showing every little spec of dirt in the car. These Husky mats look like they may be a good choice for us. It would be nice to see them in person but the pictures I've seen show it off pretty well.

Thank you for the review.

#4 OFFLINE   TweenerLJ

TweenerLJ

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:11 AM

Mine just came in yesterday. I installed them immediately. The factory floor mats are poor (both the carpet or the rubber ones). I am very pleased. I also like how the 2nd row covers the center hump. When I get a chance, I'll look to see if I can put the factory 2nd row carpet mats on the floor in front of the 3rd row.

#5 OFFLINE   Foothills

Foothills

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

I'm also in Denver. Seems that there are several Denver flex owners on these forums. I have 3 little boys (a 4th on the way soon). We have black carpet but it is showing every little spec of dirt in the car. These Husky mats look like they may be a good choice for us. It would be nice to see them in person but the pictures I've seen show it off pretty well.

Thank you for the review.

I am also interested in getting the Husky floormats and I have the stone leather interior. Does anyone know if gray or tan would match better?

#6 OFFLINE   TweenerLJ

TweenerLJ

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:54 AM

I am also interested in getting the Husky floormats and I have the stone leather interior. Does anyone know if gray or tan would match better?

We have the stone interior, but the carpet is black, so we opted for the black husky liners. We are very pleased with the color decision.

#7 OFFLINE   Foothills

Foothills

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

We have gray carpet and ended up getting the gray Husky WeatherBeater floormats. They match great and I like them better than the WeatherTech floor mats since the Husky's cover up the driver's side left foot rest. The only issue is that the Husky's don't yet have a third row mat (I'm not sure if they eventually will or not).

#8 OFFLINE   Harlangto

Harlangto

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:24 AM

I am also in the Denver area and I agree that the Husky liner is a nice product, I fitted the weathertech @ a local shop and was unhappy with the fit so I went with the Husky liners instead, they fit nice without any movement and really help keep the carpet cleaner.

#9 OFFLINE   FEDup

FEDup

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

+1... they fit and look great

#10 OFFLINE   Bluesman

Bluesman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

FEDEX just delivered my new Husky Weatherbeaters. They fit like a glove and look good too! I have the Stone interior but because the carpets are very dark gray I opted for the black Husky Liners. I thought that the gray colored liners were a bit too light colorwise. The black looks good.

Is anyone using any sort of carpet or mat inside the liners? I'm concerned that they might be slippery when when you get in with wet shoes.

Edited by Bluesman, 13 November 2009 - 12:23 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   Flex42

Flex42

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Has anyone purchased the Husky cargo area liner, specifically the one for the 3rd row folded down? I am wondering how it fits, but of more interest to me is how grippy it is and does it stay in place. I am looking for something that has some grip to it so that things don't slide around too much back there.
If you know of or have experience with another brand, I'd be interested in hearing about that as well.

#12 OFFLINE   flexflex

flexflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

We have the whole Husky Liner set. They were very expensive and I wouldn't say particulary good quality, but they do fit very well and will provide protection. The rear cargo section is fitted and does not move around. The plastic is a bit slippery and has "ribs" running lengthwise.

#13 OFFLINE   Flex42

Flex42

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:08 AM

We have the whole Husky Liner set. They were very expensive and I wouldn't say particulary good quality, but they do fit very well and will provide protection. The rear cargo section is fitted and does not move around. The plastic is a bit slippery and has "ribs" running lengthwise.

Husky is sending me a sample, but based on your comments, they sound slipperier than I was hoping for.
Anyone know of any other options out there?

#14 OFFLINE   spaulding

spaulding

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:01 AM

Husky is sending me a sample, but based on your comments, they sound slipperier than I was hoping for.
Anyone know of any other options out there?

www.canvasback.com

Can't vouch for their fit or quality but leaning towards purchasing them and will post comments if I do.

#15 OFFLINE   Flex42

Flex42

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

www.canvasback.com

Can't vouch for their fit or quality but leaning towards purchasing them and will post comments if I do.

Interesting product. In my case, from time to time I put industrial stuff in the back that can be somewhat heavy and I want to keep it in place. With vinyl type liners, the stuff sides on it or the whole line moves around, even if it is form fitted. Rubber liners seem to work the best for me. I just haven't seen one out there for the Flex.

#16 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:13 PM

Looks like it will be a combination of ones for me. I want the 3rd row mostly since there are 2 car seats back there, so there will be a lot of traffic. It all depends on the price, the set from Weathertech looks like they fit quite well and cover the door sill too. I saw actual pictures of the Husky installed and it looks good too.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·