Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Ordered 2015 flex

Delivery datw

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mjcflex

Mjcflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Honda Odyssey

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

I'm new to the forum and still waiting to become a true Flex order but thought I'd post this to see is anyone has good info in Ford's plans to actually build 2015 Flex. We put an order in last November for a '15 Flex Limited because we couldn't find the combination of color and options (mainly Dune interior) that we wanted. Ford "accepted" the order on November 12 and we then got a build date of January 16. Dealer just called and said build date has been moved to the 23rd of February but cautioned this is still estimate and subject to change. There were rumors that Ford was officially going to release the "15 on January 19 but still nothing on the website other than 2014 models. Any chance anyone on here has any better info as not sure I'm going to be able to wait this out much longer. It's a nice car but I'm not sure it's that nice to wait 6+ months for without any details...

#2 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

I'm new to the forum and still waiting to become a true Flex order but thought I'd post this to see is anyone has good info in Ford's plans to actually build 2015 Flex. We put an order in last November for a '15 Flex Limited because we couldn't find the combination of color and options (mainly Dune interior) that we wanted. Ford "accepted" the order on November 12 and we then got a build date of January 16. Dealer just called and said build date has been moved to the 23rd of February but cautioned this is still estimate and subject to change. There were rumors that Ford was officially going to release the "15 on January 19 but still nothing on the website other than 2014 models. Any chance anyone on here has any better info as not sure I'm going to be able to wait this out much longer. It's a nice car but I'm not sure it's that nice to wait 6+ months for without any details...

Congrats on your order and welcome to the community, Mjcflex!  :dance: 

I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative on this forum, and my name is Tricia. I’ll be happy to track your order. Please Private message your VIN or the order number and dealer code.

The Build and Price for 2015 Flex will be live by the end of January, and units will be arriving in dealerships by mid-February. Cheer up, because there are no plans to discontinue Flex!

Also, the new colors available include Magnetic Metallic, Guard Metallic and Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat. Customers can get a two-tone roof in either Tuxedo Black Metallic and white, or Deep Impact Blue Metallic and White.

Make yourself at home, and let me know if you need anything else!  :) 

Tricia

Edited by FordCustomerService, 28 January 2015 - 08:36 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Ford Flex Guide

Ford Flex Guide

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fords

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

2015 Ford Flex Production started on 19 January 2015 in Ontario, Canada  :victory:

#4 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

Here's a list of the 2015 Ford production dates:

http://www.blueovalf...oduction-dates/

#5 OFFLINE   Duaneflex

Duaneflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts
  • Current Vehicle:none

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

I made the mistake of selling my 2012 Flex SEL before my 2015 Flex Limited was delivered to me. Be prepared to wait an eternity!!!

Anything you hear from Ford about when you will get your Flex is corporate B.S. No One At Ford can or will tell you the truth. I find it impossible to believe that no one can solve what I'm going through. I just want to give them a bunch of money and drive away with my new car. How hard is that?

I ordered my new 2015 Flex Limited on January 24th 2015. Today is June 2nd, 2015. 130 days and counting.  Still no Flex.

My dealer and I have called everyone we can think of and no one knows when I'll get my car. My car was produced on March 9th. That's right March 9th!

The dealer's field rep, the regional customer service office as well as Dearborn Michigan office can't tell me when I'll get my car. I even called the factory in Oakville, Ontario, Canada where it was built. No one has an answer. I couldn't find a 2014 that was equipped the way I wanted, so I waited and ordered a 2015. I want the dune interior, trailer towing package, equipment group 301A and the 20 inch polished aluminum wheels, but NO multi panel sun roof. I'm tall and I need all the headroom I can get. We checked every dealer in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. I was willing to fly to another state to get what I wanted. I heard that there was a delay due to a driver side power seat rail problem, then something in the engine compartment that attaches to the engine, but not the engine. Then a sensor related to the airbag deployment was the excuse. Now my car is somewhere in Michigan with a Miscellanous Transit Delay. Whatever that means. If you've never had a Flex you'll be glad you bought one. They're great vehicles. The only problem is getting the darn thing.

#6 OFFLINE   Wes12

Wes12

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FLEX 303A Limited AWD, Trailer Tow....

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

Love(d) my FLEX!  I ordered my third ecoBoost Limited in December when my lease expired.  It was built in February or March (depending on who to believe) and it sat in Oakville until two weeks ago.  According to the latest report it is still sitting on a Canadian National Rail car in Flat Rock, MI, awaiting convoy pickup and delivery to my dealer in Dearborn.  I have an open case with Ford Customer Service, but would like a personal explanation for the unacceptable delay.  I will provide details in a private e-mail.  Please provide instructions.  Thank you.

• 4mimi likes this

#7 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

Duaneflex and Wes12,

I've sent a message to our Forum Ford CS Rep, maybe she can help.  She should be in touch soon.

Edited by GrySql, 03 June 2015 - 07:24 AM.

• robertlane likes this

#8 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:36 PM

I made the mistake of selling my 2012 Flex SEL before my 2015 Flex Limited was delivered to me. Be prepared to wait an eternity!!!

Anything you hear from Ford about when you will get your Flex is corporate B.S. No One At Ford can or will tell you the truth...

Love(d) my FLEX!  I ordered my third ecoBoost Limited in December when my lease expired.  It was built in February or March (depending on who to believe) and it sat in Oakville until two weeks ago...

Duaneflex and Wes12,

I've sent a message to our Forum Ford CS Rep, maybe she can help.  She should be in touch soon.

Welcome to the community, Duaneflex and Wes12!  :) 

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative that GrySql was talking about. I’ll be happy to take a peek at your orders. Please private message your VIN or the order number and dealer code together.

Tricia

#9 OFFLINE   4mimi

4mimi

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Escape

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:24 AM

I also ordered my Flex in January 2015 ( the lease on my 2013 Escape was up ... Nothing but recall after recall with it. I couldn't wait to turn it in. Ha, I'm still driving it and paying more ) I was given several delivery dates, March 9th, April 4th, end of April, then nothing. Not a peep. To say this is frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it. I wouldn't have ordered the Flex had I known how poor the customer service truly was/is. According to the latest call from my "beat down" salesperson - the cars crossed the Canadian/ US border two weeks ago and have been sitting in Flatrock, Michigan for a week 5 MONTHS!!! I have been waiting 5 months. Ford is not making me feel as though I matter. Without us buying their cars they are nothing. I did receive a phone call from some young kid in May apologizing- he wasn't able to answer any of my questions though. Funny - he told me that I was a priority. Really? So, a month after that call I'm still driving this flawed Escape with no delivery date for my custom ordered Flex. I believe Monday I will be calling my attorney. Enough is enough!!!

#10 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:20 AM

I also ordered my Flex in January 2015 ( the lease on my 2013 Escape was up ... Nothing but recall after recall with it. I couldn't wait to turn it in. Ha, I'm still driving it and paying more ) I was given several delivery dates, March 9th, April 4th, end of April, then nothing. Not a peep. To say this is frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it. I wouldn't have ordered the Flex had I known how poor the customer service truly was/is. According to the latest call from my "beat down" salesperson - the cars crossed the Canadian/ US border two weeks ago and have been sitting in Flatrock, Michigan for a week 5 MONTHS!!! I have been waiting 5 months. Ford is not making me feel as though I matter. Without us buying their cars they are nothing. I did receive a phone call from some young kid in May apologizing- he wasn't able to answer any of my questions though. Funny - he told me that I was a priority. Really? So, a month after that call I'm still driving this flawed Escape with no delivery date for my custom ordered Flex. I believe Monday I will be calling my attorney. Enough is enough!!!

Send your info to Tricia, maybe she can help.

Edited by GrySql, 06 June 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   Wes12

Wes12

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

It looks like our cars may have been on the same rail car, 4mimi!  Mine was actually sent from Oakville (05-19-15) to Ecorse (05-26-15) to Flat Rock (05-27-15) on Canadian National Railways car #TTGX995888.  [That's not much consolation since my order was processed on Dec. 29, 2014. The Window Sticker was prepared on 02-18-15, 'Scheduled to Day' 02-23-15, 'In production - Produced' 03-03-15, 'Start Date' 03-09-15 and 'End Date' 03-15-15.]  As far as we can find out it is still in Flat Rock to be delivered in Dearborn.

You might want to take a look at the information on http://www.blueovalf...view=getnewpost and see my other posts.  You can put in your two cents worth there, too.

Hang in there 4mimi; the FLEX is worth the wait.

[See your own window sticker by changing the VIN to your own here:

http://www.inventory...K6DT5fbaXXXXX.]

Attached Files

Edited by Wes12, 06 June 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   Duaneflex

Duaneflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

Cross your fingers.

I was put in touch with someone new named Corazon at corporate headquarters for Ford. She is looking into why we don't have our Flex's. I suspect she'll be unable to get us any new information. But I'm going down swinging. I am going to bug them until I get my Flex. Everyone at my dealer, the dealers factory rep, the regional customer service rep and now the corporate rep knows me. I'm retired and have decided to be a thorn in their side until they give me an answer. It really doesn't matter what the delay is. I just want to know when I'll get my car. It could be a safety issue that needs to be addressed before they'll ship the vehicles. I don't care, I just want to know. If I hear anything new I'll let you guys know.

• 4mimi likes this

#13 OFFLINE   Wes12

Wes12

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

Keep the pressure on, Duane.  I, too, am working both ends with my Dealer's OWNER (a 'pit bull') going after people in Flat Rock and I am trying to work thru the Customer Service Manager.

I highly doubt it is anything safety related as the FLEX is a mature product with little changed in the past couple of years.  The vehicles have already shipped from the plant and are in the rail yard in Flat Rock.  For me, it is getting the final mile (12.58 miles to be exact) that is most frustrating to me now

THIS is worth waiting for!

Attached Files

Edited by Wes12, 08 June 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   4mimi

4mimi

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Escape

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

We have had our window sticker since March It hasn't helped us in any way - only added to the frustration.
I'm sorry to hear others are irritated also. This is not good for Ford. Everyday I am asked by a co worker about my Flex. It has become an office joke. I certainly not believe anyone I work with will be purchasing a Ford due to my experience.

Attached Files

#15 OFFLINE   Duaneflex

Duaneflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:44 PM

I'm beginning to believe that there is something wrong with the Flex's and Ford is afraid to ship them until the problem is fixed. My dealer has 20 new 2015 Edges on their lot. Galpin Ford in the Los Angeles area has 189 new 2015 Edges. My dealer is the largest in San Diego CA and I believe Galpin is the largest on the west coast. They have over 2,000 new Fords on their lot, but not one new Flex. My dealer has over 500 new Fords on their lot,  but not one new Flex. If they can't get them, I think there is a problem. The Flex and Edge are built in the same plant in Oakville Ontario Canada. So, I feel that the Miscellaneous Transit Delay that my Flex is being held on is smoke, covering up a problem. I'm waiting for the most recent person from Ford

( Corazon ) to get back to me. I also am getting grief from my friends. Every time I talk to or see someone they ask where my New Flex is. I'm being compared to Chicken Little..

"The Sky is Falling "  The Sky is Falling"        "My Flex is Coming !!      "My Flex is Coming !! "

There are guys on Ford Flex Net that are having the same trouble getting answers about when their Flex is going to be delivered.

I've also had friends indicate that they will think twice before they buy a Ford. I tell them just don't order a Flex or a new F-150. Buy off the lot. Special order F-150's are harder to get than our Flex's. My dealer says that most likely a special order F-150 will be a 2016 model. They're that far out.

#16 OFFLINE   griffisa14

griffisa14

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 ford flex limited

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:15 PM

Well i am beginning to wonder now myself. I ordered mine 5/2/15. I got my window sticker and vin last week. I called the dealer told me 8/2/15. I said wtf you told me 8 to 10 weeks. So he said let me call you back. So he did and then told me 7/2/15. So it sounds good but hearing all the delays from everyone else i may have been sold BS. I ordered a 2015 flex limited magnetic with dunw interior which is apparently hard to find. So i am crossing my fingers that the date I was given holds up.

#17 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any @ Ford WHQ either.  

#18 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

My Dealer has one 2015 Flex SE available (03/18/2015 build date)

Edited by GrySql, 10 June 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   Duaneflex

Duaneflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:20 AM

I just spoke to a Customer Service Manager. They have no information. Ford Motor Company doesn't know why my Flex hasn't shipped. I was sent in a giant circle. My dealer talked to their rep. Max Loyne. No info. Tricia sent me to Corazon. Corazon sent me to Customer Service Manager William who I spoke to a couple of weeks ago. He's out of the office. I got in contact with another Customer Service Manager. He knows nothing and referred me back to my dealer. He has no information that I don't already have. What a joke! I'm pissed. I told him that I can't believe that Ford Motor Company can't or won't tell their loyal customers anything about their vehicles. Can you say PASS THE BUCK ?   By loyal, I mean, If I ever get this damn Flex it will be my 12th Ford.

Here's a list of the cars I've owned.

65 Mustang

72 Pinto

78 Fiesta

89 Taurus

90 Thunderbird

97 Thunderbird

02 Crown Victoria LX

04 F-150 super cab Lariat

07 Mustang Gt convertible

12 Flex SEL

13 Fusion Titanium 2.0 Ecoboost

Maybe someday a 2015 Flex Limited

• GrySql likes this

#20 OFFLINE   Duaneflex

Duaneflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

GrySql,

If your Ford dealer is South Bay Ford in Hawthorne, CA, they must have made a mistake. According to Ford's dealer inventory that VIN hasn't been shipped to the dealer. My dealer can't find a single 2015 Flex that has been shipped past Flat Rock.They show up as dealer ordered or have a status of InTransit. But at this point, Who knows.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·