Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Interior maint and cleaning

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   steelcity5044

steelcity5044

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:22 AM

In the vehicles I have had in the past I have used Armor All to make the inside dash and other areas shine. At times I've noticed that it has discolored areas like speakers, etc. Has anyone used ArmorAll on the dash and other areas of the Flex?

By the way the FLEX is extremely awesome!!! I love it!!!

#2 OFFLINE   Prek

Prek

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:06 AM

I haven't Armorall'd the interior yet because it's too cold here to detail the car, but to keep it really clean I recommend getting a "Swiffer" - they are absolutely amazing at cleaning the dust off the dash that so quickly settles there.

I'm not sure how the Armorall will work on the dash of the flex... the texture of the dash doesn't lend itself well to wiping the liqiud completely away. If you do use armorall, never spray it directly on any surface (except the wheels). Spray it on the cloth first and then wipe it on. I find it covers more evenly and won't leave globs/streaks and won't hit any areas you don't want.

Edited by Prek, 28 February 2009 - 08:06 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

I haven't Armorall'd the interior yet because it's too cold here to detail the car, but to keep it really clean I recommend getting a "Swiffer" - they are absolutely amazing at cleaning the dust off the dash that so quickly settles there.

I'm not sure how the Armorall will work on the dash of the flex... the texture of the dash doesn't lend itself well to wiping the liqiud completely away. If you do use armorall, never spray it directly on any surface (except the wheels). Spray it on the cloth first and then wipe it on. I find it covers more evenly and won't leave globs/streaks and won't hit any areas you don't want.

I use armor-all on all our cars. In fact, I just finished giving the Flex a 9-hour detailing (full wax treatment and everything). As you said, Prek, I spray the armor-all into the rag and then apply it to the dash, door panels, etc..

On another note, a word of advice....never use your elbows to close your hood if it doesn't latch all the way. I was trying to close the hood today and it didn't latch, so I was trying to push it down all the way w/out reopening it....I had dirty/wet hands and didn't want to touch the newly cleaned car with them, so I attempted to use my elbows to close it......VERY BAD decision! I ended up putting 2 pairs of small dents in the hood right on the front edge above the latch area....I'm very upset about this an hope to get them taken out if possible as quickly as possible. On a positive note, however, the car looks brand new, and the dents are only visible if you really look for them/if the light hits the hood right.

#4 OFFLINE   Prek

Prek

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:59 AM

I use armor-all on all our cars. In fact, I just finished giving the Flex a 9-hour detailing (full wax treatment and everything). As you said, Prek, I spray the armor-all into the rag and then apply it to the dash, door panels, etc..

On another note, a word of advice....never use your elbows to close your hood if it doesn't latch all the way. I was trying to close the hood today and it didn't latch, so I was trying to push it down all the way w/out reopening it....I had dirty/wet hands and didn't want to touch the newly cleaned car with them, so I attempted to use my elbows to close it......VERY BAD decision! I ended up putting 2 pairs of small dents in the hood right on the front edge above the latch area....I'm very upset about this an hope to get them taken out if possible as quickly as possible. On a positive note, however, the car looks brand new, and the dents are only visible if you really look for them/if the light hits the hood right.

Oh no! I hope they can get the dents out. Reminds me of my first car - I had an alarm installed and was showing my friend how sensitive it is by hitting the frame above the drivers window leaving a dent the size of my fist. Not funny.

#5 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

Oh no! I hope they can get the dents out. Reminds me of my first car - I had an alarm installed and was showing my friend how sensitive it is by hitting the frame above the drivers window leaving a dent the size of my fist. Not funny.

Did the alarm at least go off?

Someone should be looking at it tomorrow, so hopefully they'll be able to get them out.

#6 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:09 AM

Someone should be looking at it tomorrow, so hopefully they'll be able to get them [dents] out.

UPDATE: I had the dents looked at this morning and the guy was able to get them out! :happy feet: :happy feet: :superhero:

#7 OFFLINE   20Flex09

20Flex09

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

UPDATE: I had the dents looked at this morning and the guy was able to get them out! :happy feet: :happy feet: :superhero:

Guys / Girls be careful, I just called the dent man for the same thing. I did not use my elbows, just pushed too hard with my hands I guess. I had the hood open twice since I bought it a month ago. To make myself feel better I'm telling myself the dents were from the 1st hood closing before I read this post. :rolleyes:

Jim

#8 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

Guys / Girls be careful, I just called the dent man for the same thing. I did not use my elbows, just pushed too hard with my hands I guess. I had the hood open twice since I bought it a month ago. To make myself feel better I'm telling myself the dents were from the 1st hood closing before I read this post. :rolleyes:

Jim

I'm starting to think there may be something up with the latch for the hood if I'm not the only one having the problem.

#9 OFFLINE   bhinkston

bhinkston

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

I'm starting to think there may be something up with the latch for the hood if I'm not the only one having the problem.

In my younger days (w/o kids and oppressive mortgage payment) I had bought a very nice, and expensive foreign car (Porsche). I was trying to take so good care of it that I would drop the hood slowly and push it down with my hands to close it. And, yes, this put two slight dents around the latch. The dealer noticed this and told me not to worry about closing it hard ... it's OK. Just hold the hood to about 12-18 inches above and then let it go.

Now I just let it rip and drop it... no problems.

Glad your dents came out.

#10 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

In my younger days (w/o kids and oppressive mortgage payment) I had bought a very nice, and expensive foreign car (Porsche). I was trying to take so good care of it that I would drop the hood slowly and push it down with my hands to close it. And, yes, this put two slight dents around the latch. The dealer noticed this and told me not to worry about closing it hard ... it's OK. Just hold the hood to about 12-18 inches above and then let it go.

Now I just let it rip and drop it... no problems.

Glad your dents came out.

Yeah, I think it's funny that sometimes when you try to baby things, you end up making them worse.

#11 OFFLINE   kermit

kermit

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

glad the dents came out

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·