Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2009 Flex Limited Wiring Harness Obsoleted by Ford

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dxm2

dxm2

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2009 ford flex limited

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

My 2009 Flex Limited had been to the local dealership 3 times for the same issue. They now have decided its the wiring harness, ford part number 8A8Z14A005R, but Ford has obsoleted the part and after my car has been there for the last 30 days, US Customer service says that there is nothing more that Ford Motor Company can to repair my car, which is under contract.

FYI, original symptom was all dash warning lights coming on and the fuel gage goes to zero. The car will run but no AC. If the symptom happens when the car is off, the car will not start.

Has anyone else been told by Ford or a Ford dealership they can't fix you Flex or that Flex parts have been obsoleted?

#2 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Are you saying that your Ford Flex is under warranty, however, Ford cannot supply parts to repair it?  That sounds really odd.

Your local Ford dealer should have access to O.S.I. or obsolete supercede interchange. It will show the original Ford part number and substitutes.

You might also want to try to look it up at http://www.motorcraft.com

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·