Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

PERIMETER ALARM QUESTION

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smokie

smokie

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:41 AM

My Limited has a perimeter alarm that arms about 20 seconds after locking car, the owners manual describes the alarm "if equipped" suggesting it is an option, my window sticker does not mention the alarm anywhere; option or otherwise. Does everyone else have this alarm? Is it standard, or an option?

Thanks, Javier.

Edited by smokie, 22 February 2009 - 08:42 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

My Limited has a perimeter alarm that arms about 20 seconds after locking car, the owners manual describes the alarm "if equipped" suggesting it is an option, my window sticker does not mention the alarm anywhere; option or otherwise. Does everyone else have this alarm? Is it standard, or an option?

Thanks, Javier.

Hmm, that's a good question. I wonder if mine has it?

#3 OFFLINE   Acolar

Acolar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hmm, that's a good question. I wonder if mine has it?

The 11/01/2008 order guide indicates that Perimeter Alarm is standard on every 2009 Flex.

The perimeter anti theft alarm feature can be armed by:
- Pressing the lock button the on the key fob
- Pressing the door lock control switch to the lock position with the door open and then closing the door
- Pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 button simultaneously on the keyless entry keypad

The system (smart junction box) monitors all the inputs doors/hood/liftgate and the key must be out of the ignition. The system arms in phases depending on when the various inputs were closed.

Unauthorized entry will cause the smart junction box to sound the horn at regular intervals, and intermittently powers the turn signals causing them to flash.

The alarm can be disarmed by
- Pressing the unlock button on the fob
- Turning the door lock cylinder to unlock
- Using a valid programmed PATS ignition key to turn the ignition lock cylinder to the on position
- Pressing the correct vehicle unlock code in the keyless entry keypad.

Tony

#4 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

The 11/01/2008 order guide indicates that Perimeter Alarm is standard on every 2009 Flex.

The perimeter anti theft alarm feature can be armed by:
- Pressing the lock button the on the key fob
- Pressing the door lock control switch to the lock position with the door open and then closing the door
- Pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 button simultaneously on the keyless entry keypad

The system (smart junction box) monitors all the inputs doors/hood/liftgate and the key must be out of the ignition. The system arms in phases depending on when the various inputs were closed.

Unauthorized entry will cause the smart junction box to sound the horn at regular intervals, and intermittently powers the turn signals causing them to flash.

The alarm can be disarmed by
- Pressing the unlock button on the fob
- Turning the door lock cylinder to unlock
- Using a valid programmed PATS ignition key to turn the ignition lock cylinder to the on position
- Pressing the correct vehicle unlock code in the keyless entry keypad.

Tony

Oh, so I guess mine does have it then.....thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   mark1963

mark1963

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:57 AM

You can easily test the system to see if you have the alarm. Lock the car as usual with key fob for instance, then after a period of time (cant remember how long the alarm takes to arm) go to the car and manualy unlock with the key (not the button on the fob) the drivers door and open, the message centre should show straight away insert key or alarm will sound. I found this out by acident, hope this helps.

#6 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

This post is from Feb 2009 :unsure:

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·