Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

squeaky brakes

Brakes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rodneys26

rodneys26

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

We love our 2011 Flex. But the at this point I would never recommend anyone buy this vehicle based on the long and tiring history of brake issues, dealer ignorance, and general disinterest from Ford.

We have had the right rear caliper and pads replaced a total of 6 times now due to excessive squeaking. The problem started within the first 6 months and occurs regularly. The first five replacements were covered under the warranty. The last cost us $300 out of pocket as the dealer "helped us out" because this has been a persistent problem. Each time, we have had to replicate the sound at the dealer. We have had to make numerous trips because techs - even after they had replaced the same pads before and knew there was a mechanical deficiency in the system - "could not detect a sound." I estimate we have lost the car for more than 40 hours of shop time, and made more than 30 visits to the dealer.

Ford itself responded to a letter I wrote via an impersonal email saying the sound was likely due to lack of frequent use, though we use the car daily. Other than that, radio silence. I have tried to literally return the car to the dealer - leaving it there before - to no avail.

I don't want this car. I want to advise others (do some research here) that are considering buying a Flex or a Ford to think again and ask around. These brake problems are very common.

Thanks - RMS 

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brakes

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·