Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

MISSING PARTS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmorneau

dmorneau

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:15 AM

I have had my Flex since Dec. 29/08. I haven't taking it back to the dealer yet because I keep finding missing parts. I figure I will list them all and take it back to have it all done at once. I work for Ford in Windsor where we build engines for the F-150, Expedition, Navigator, E-150, and the Super Duty pick ups. God forbid we send an engine not up to spec let alone missing parts. I hope that the Oakville plant where these are assembled looks at this site. I had to fix the weather stripping on the rear door because it was not put in properly. I am missing a rubber door stop on the left rear door. I found 2 screws in the back laying on the floor. I found that 1 went on the right side of the rear molding beside the tail light. Also on the rear door I see the holes that let water out should have a couple of plastic covers, but they are not present on the left rear door again. The biggest thing so far took me till this weekend to find when I washed the car at home because of the warm weather. I was having a problem with a lot of snow, slush and dirt building up at the bottom of both right side doors. Not happening on the left side. These doors really curve underneath the vehicle as it is. Guess what is missing here... a complete rubber seal and molding that runs the entire length of the right side underneath the doors. Well enough of the negative. I hope I don't find anymore. The car is a great ride as far as I am concerned. I have been leasing Fords since 1993 and have been pretty lucky so far. Would love to hear if I am not the only one that has experienced these misfortunes with there Flex or if you work at Oakville assembly would love to hear from you. Let the people there know about this. I thought each vehicle was checked over. I had a friend working there for a while. He told me they went through each car to see if things worked O.K. and missing parts. I hope some of you at the plant pass this on and let them know. Not good for our quality reputation out there. I hope this dosn't happen to a new Ford owners and discourage them.

Duane.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·